VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Nhà Bếp > Recipes (Nấu Ăn)

thatHoc.
Số Điểm: 445
Old 07-31-2018 , 10:38 PM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
ACE nào cự ngụ những vùng sau đây: Burien | Vashon & Maury Island | West Seattle | White Center
Xin hãy ủng lá phiếu của ace cho Joe Nguyen.

Elect Joe Nguyen
State Senate | Democrat | 34th Legislative District

Politics should be about PEOPLE not careers. Joe does not take corporate PAC money and is not beholden to special interest.

He is the son of refugees, born and raised in the White Center/Burien communities and is a tireless advocate who cares and shows up for the people. He is an active member of West Seattle where he lives with his wife and two children.

Despite great diversity in White Center and Burien, Joe would be the first legislator of color in the history of the 34th and first Vietnamese legislator in Washington State.
@Anh Điếc
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 2326
Old 07-31-2018 , 10:57 PM     @Anh Điếc est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by thatHoc.
ACE nào cự ngụ những vùng sau đây: Burien | Vashon & Maury Island | West Seattle | White Center
Xin hãy ủng lá phiếu của ace cho Joe Nguyen.

Elect Joe Nguyen
State Senate | Democrat | 34th Legislative District

Politics should be about PEOPLE not careers. Joe does not take corporate PAC money and is not beholden to special interest.

He is the son of refugees, born and raised in the White Center/Burien communities and is a tireless advocate who cares and shows up for the people. He is an active member of West Seattle where he lives with his wife and two children.

Despite great diversity in White Center and Burien, Joe would be the first legislator of color in the history of the 34th and first Vietnamese legislator in Washington State.
Tiểu sử của Joe Nguyen ra răng ? Có giúp ích chi cho Cộng Đồng bên Seattle không, có về thăm quê hương là chùng khế ngọt lần mô chưa ? Có chống Việt Cộng tích cực không ?

Đồng hương là một chuyện, ở cùng thành phố là một chuyện, đâu phải nhắm mắt ủng hộ lá phiếu chỉ vì là người VN và ở cùng thành phố là dồn phiếu cho ổng mô anh Học .
UglyMaChanh
Số Điểm: 13102
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:06 PM     UglyMaChanh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Vietnamese should not vote democrat.
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:07 PM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by @Anh Điếc
Tiểu sử của Joe Nguyen ra răng ? Có giúp ích chi cho Cộng Đồng bên Seattle không, có về thăm quê hương là chùng khế ngọt lần mô chưa ? Có chống Việt Cộng tích cực không ?

Đồng hương là một chuyện, ở cùng thành phố là một chuyện, đâu phải nhắm mắt ủng hộ lá phiếu chỉ vì là người VN và ở cùng thành phố là dồn phiếu cho ổng mô anh Học .
Joe Nguyen là đứa cháu ruột của đại gđ TH. Được sinh ra và trưởng thành ở Mỹ anh AD.

TH o hiểu sao đứa cháu ruột thích làm việc và phục vụ cho xã hội.
thatHoc.
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:09 PM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by UglyMaChanh
Vietnamese should not vote democrat.
WA State thuộc tiệu bang dân chủ người VN sinh sống ở đây cũng bị hệ lũy đảng dân chủ.
UglyMaChanh
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:13 PM     UglyMaChanh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
WA State thuộc tiệu bang dân chủ người VN sinh sống ở đây cũng bị hệ lũy đảng dân chủ.
Stop Californiacation of Washington.

Vote Republican on November.
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:18 PM     UglyMaChanh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Joe Nguyen là đứa cháu ruột của đại gđ TH. Được sinh ra và trưởng thành ở Mỹ anh AD.

That Joe Nguyen needs to learn history how did the Vietnamese came to the USA. The democrats were not the one that help the Vietnakese in the USA. They were agsinst it. And now why is he running for the democrat? And we came here legally.

Liberal schools brainwashed?
Số Điểm: 2326
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:21 PM     @Anh Điếc est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :

Thích làm việc xã hội là một điều đáng khuyến khích, đáng ủng hộ lá phiếu cho Joe Nguyen (Bất kể Dân Chủ hay Cộng Hoà)

Điều quan trọng Joe Nguyen phải biết cái giá trị đích thật của mình, đó là:

Dù bất cứ tôi đang ở địa vị nào, tôi không bao giờ quên thân phận tôi LÀ NGƯỜI TỊ NẠN VIỆT CỘNG!
thatHoc.
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:40 PM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
YOU ARE HERE: HOME / NEWS / COMMUNITY NEWS / POLITICS / JOE NGUYEN RUNNING A GRASSROOTS CAMPAIGN FOR STATE SENATE

Joe Nguyen running a grassroots campaign for state senate

MAY 17, 2018 BY NORTHWEST ASIAN WEEKLY 2 COMMENTS

By Jessica Kai Curry
Northwest Asian Weekly

Joe Nguyen (Photo provided by the People for Joe Nguyen)

Joe Nguyen sat across the table at Freshy’s, one of his favorite hangouts in West Seattle, bursting with energy towards his recently launched campaign for the 34th district seat in the Washington state senate. If Nguyen wins the seat, soon to be vacated by Sharon Nelson, he will be the first person of color to have done so in what is one of Washington’s most diverse districts.

The 34th district covers West Seattle, Burien, White Center, and Vashon and Maury Islands. It’s where Nguyen grew up. His pride in his neighborhood, and desire to make it better, fuels his aspirations for this campaign and for the region as a whole. The fact that a person of color has never held a state senate seat in the 34th, in spite of its sizable non-Caucasian population, is something that sits at the core of Nguyen’s ideology and might be his unofficial slogan: “The reason why I’m running today is because representation matters,” said Nguyen.

Nguyen was reluctant, initially, to highlight that he is Vietnamese American.

His family, like most Vietnamese families, came to Seattle as refugees only one generation ago, and like most immigrant families, it has been a struggle to survive, let alone thrive.

At first, Nguyen said, “I don’t want to play that card. I just want to be a good candidate.” But increasingly, as he talked to others in the community, who expressed excitement at a person of color running for the seat, Nguyen grew convinced that his background and where he came from matters.

While many reacted with a hearty, “Finally!” after Nguyen’s candidacy announcement, others were skeptical.

“Why should you do it versus somebody else?” they’ve asked.

“I’ve been waiting for somebody else!” Nguyen has shot back. “I’ve been waiting for somebody transformative that represents our values, that cares, that is from the community … and there’s never been a person of color from the 34th.” The underlying question is why is it taking so long?

Photo provided by the People for Joe Nguyen

In Nguyen’s view, it is difficult for a person of color, a child of a family that arrived in Seattle just a few decades ago, after escaping Vietnam by boat, to focus on anything other than immediate survival. Life was not easy for the Nguyen family. They relied heavily on social services and each other. When Nguyen’s father was left a quadriplegic after an accident, Nguyen’s mother alone cared for four children. Nguyen and his siblings took on great responsibility at an early age, all the while enduring extreme economic hardship.

“I used to sleep on a dirty mattress in my basement because my family was one of the only ones that had a house … And we weren’t wealthy, it was not a nice house!” Nguyen related with a laugh.

“My mom was a seamstress — I would wake up because she was sewing backpacks.” Nguyen worked at his own high school as a janitor, and to this day, along with his siblings, he helps his mother pay bills. “That was my lived experience,” he said.

In spite of this, Nguyen has consistently risen to the top, starting from high school at John F. Kennedy (now called Kennedy Catholic), where he was class president for three years, and through college, where he served as student body president at Seattle University for two years — a rarity in the history of the university. Something about that early lived experience gave Nguyen the skills and the drive to succeed. Nguyen was embarrassed to bring up the hardships of his past, but his wife, Tallie, convinced him that talking about his upbringing would resonate with the public.

“There are so many other people who struggle,” she told him. “The fact that you’re able to talk about it gives them hope that they can also overcome adversity.”

Nguyen is mindful of the help his family received when he was growing up.

It’s why he is active in social services and education today, and why he is adamant about the availability of affordable housing and affordable healthcare. He is the chair of the Associate Board for Wellspring Family Services, and was integral in helping to pass HB2861, which provides early childhood trauma care. In his job as a senior manager at Microsoft, he assists with Microsoft Professional Programs, Worldwide Learning, a resource that teaches trades, free of charge, to those who wish to transition into the tech field. He has also been very involved with oversight of law enforcement and was in the news last year because he stepped into the fray after the shooting of Tommy Le in Burien.

“Despite all the adversity that we grew up with, I’m very thankful for the privilege that we were given,” said Nguyen. “That kind of informs why I do a lot of the work I do now … I know that if not for my mom, who got on a raft and left, I wouldn’t be here. If not for the community here, in Seattle — White Center specifically — if they hadn’t sponsored us and opened their doors for us, I wouldn’t be here … I’m obligated to give back.”

Another reason why Nguyen believes that the state hasn’t seen enough people of color in government, he goes back to his motto: representation matters.

“Systems of power tend to be a reflection of those who created them,” he explained. “When you see the lack of diversity [in leadership], and people are like, ‘I don’t know how that happened,’ generally, this is a very specific group of people who have built this system.” A system built with power. And money.

“Money wins elections,” Nguyen stated. “A very small community of people fund these elections, and I think you can guess their demographic.” Further, whoever is in power decides where the money goes, which leads to further under-representation in Seattle’s communities, fewer social services, less help for those in need.

“That’s why I think it’s important for democracy that everybody gets a chance to run,” Nguyen said.

Nguyen laughs when he talks about how much money he is going to have to raise for his campaign and how people ask him, “Isn’t this hard?” He answers, “Yes, it’s harder than just going to work and then coming home and watching TV, then putting your kids to bed — it’s harder than that…But not compared to jumping on a raft and then sailing in the open ocean. That seems pretty hard to me!”

When asked what kind of West Seattle he would like to see in the future for his children, Nguyen was adamant.

“I want a Washington state where it’s inclusive, where we respect other members of the community, where we have an opportunity to thrive, and I’m very scared that that’s not where it’s headed. I don’t think that the status quo is good enough. I don’t think it’s good enough for my family, for Seattle, for West Seattle, White Center, Burien, or Washington state.”

Jessica Kai can be reached at info@nwasianweekly.com.
thatHoc.
Old 07-31-2018 , 11:58 PM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  

Joe Nguyen
thatHoc.
Old 08-01-2018 , 12:13 AM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Joe Nguyen, a Senior Manager at Microsoft who was born and raised in the 34th Legislative District, announced he would run for State Senate. The son of Vietnamese refugees and father of two, Nguyen aims to succeed retiring Senate Majority Leader Sharon Nelson for the open seat. He is off to a strong start with an early endorsement from Senator Bob Hasegawa.

Nguyen’s involvement in the Seattle area is lifelong, multi-faceted and represents a lived experience that is deeply connected with the values of hard work and service in this community. His mother escaped Vietnam with his sister on her back – and floated for weeks in the Pacific until seen by a Coast Guard plane and picked up by a cargo ship. He was born and raised in White Center/Burien, where his parents settled.

At Microsoft, Nguyen is working to provide accessible job training resources that empowers all people
with the right – often new – skills needed to succeed in this rapidly changing, technologically dependent economy.

“As the father of two young children and husband to an all-star educator, there is no issue more important than education,” said Nguyen. “Our state should be a national leader, not only in providing the kind of education that sets our kids up for success, but in reducing inequity and disparity. Fully funding our state’s obligation for education is essential, but it is not enough. Our teachers need better pay and benefits; our kids need resources in the classroom and beyond – whatever it takes so all students arrive at school ready to learn and thrive.”

Nguyen serves as the Associate Board Chairperson at Wellspring Family Services, which partners with families experiencing homelessness. This year, he helped Wellspring promote and advocate for legislation that will incorporate training in trauma-informed child care for early learning providers in Washington. This legislation was signed by Governor Inslee in March.

Nguyen is committed to finding solutions, so our residents can afford to stay here. “Seattle grows more unaffordable every day. People are worried they will no longer be able to live in their homes because they can’t afford the taxes. Health care costs, property taxes and rents are rising faster than wages. Despite Washington having one of the fastest growing economies in the nation, many residents right here in the 34th, don’t have any access to that prosperity.”

Nguyen was appointed by the King County Council to the Community Advisory Committee for the Office of Law Enforcement Oversight (OLEO). He serves as a bridge between the community and the King County Sheriff’s Office in efforts to hold law enforcement accountable for providing fair and just police services to the public. “Along with law enforcement de-escalation resources and training,” Nguyen said, “Washington must implement solutions to decrease the epidemic of gun violence. There were nearly 700 firearm-related deaths last year in the state. We need stronger gun laws and policies to protect our children and save lives.”

Nguyen attended Highline Public Schools, John F. Kennedy High School in Burien, and graduated from Seattle University, where he was a two-term student body President. He lives with his wife Tallie, a former Highline Public School teacher who taught for a decade, and their two children near the West Seattle Junction.

“I am excited for the opportunity to amplify the voices and ensure a seat at the table for all our
neighbors, community members, business owners, teachers, immigrants, union workers and families that make our community such a special place to live.”

America is made greatest by its immigrants and refugees. If elected, Nguyen would be the first legislator of Vietnamese heritage in Washington and despite being one of the most diverse communities in the state, he would also be the first legislator of color from the 34th district.

The first candidate to announce in the race was Shannon Braddock, earlier this month. Formal filing happens the week of May 14th; the primary election is on August 7th.

†ịnhTâm
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3972
Old 08-01-2018 , 12:41 AM     †ịnhTâm est dconnect  search   Quote  
Đang làm manager cho Microsoft mà nhảy ra mần chính trị, lỡ thất cữ rồi bị mất job luôn thì bỏ mother! Kêu đù Chuck bán bánh cam cho nó mượn bộ đồ lính bận cho oai. Đù Chuck cũng tính bỏ nghề bác sĩ nhảy ra mần chính trị mà sợ bị vợ chửi.
thatHoc.
Old 08-01-2018 , 12:56 AM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by †ịnhTâm
Đang làm manager cho Microsoft mà nhảy ra mần chính trị, lỡ thất cữ rồi bị mất job luôn thì bỏ mother! Kêu đù Chuck bán bánh cam cho nó mượn bộ đồ lính bận cho oai. Đù Chuck cũng tính bỏ nghề bác sĩ nhảy ra mần chính trị mà sợ bị vợ chửi.
Haha...Tôi o nghĩ sẻ mất job nếu lỡ thất cử cái ghế thượng nghĩ si tiểu bang.
†ịnhTâm
Gold Member
Old 08-01-2018 , 03:19 AM     †ịnhTâm est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Trong thời gian cháu nó đang tranh cữ, tụi Microsoft phải kiếm người thay thế chớ chẳng lẽ ngồi chờ cháu nó đắt cữ rồi mới tính?

Không nghe nói Microsoft khuyến khích hoặc cho phép nhân viên trong ban quản trị ra tranh cữ, vụ án nầy hơi khó hiểu. Cháu nó còn đi làm đều đặn không hay đã xin từ chức rồi?
thatHoc.
Old 08-01-2018 , 04:03 AM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by †ịnhTâm
Trong thời gian cháu nó đang tranh cữ, tụi Microsoft phải kiếm người thay thế chớ chẳng lẽ ngồi chờ cháu nó đắt cữ rồi mới tính?

Không nghe nói Microsoft khuyến khích hoặc cho phép nhân viên trong ban quản trị ra tranh cữ, vụ án nầy hơi khó hiểu. Cháu nó còn đi làm đều đặn không hay đã xin từ chức rồi?
Việc này tôi o rõ... nhưng có nghe chi dâu nói hôm vơ thằng cháu sinh con, cháu được Microsoft cho nghi ở nhà chăm sóc vợ con 3 tháng có luong.

Theo tôi suy nghi thôi chắc có lẽ Microsoft cho chau lấy TO with out pay. Hôm nao tôi gặp chi dâu hoi se ro chuyện nay bác TT.
†ịnhTâm
Gold Member
Old 08-01-2018 , 04:00 PM     †ịnhTâm est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Việc này tôi o rõ... nhưng có nghe chi dâu nói hôm vơ thằng cháu sinh con, cháu được Microsoft cho nghi ở nhà chăm sóc vợ con 3 tháng có luong.

Theo tôi suy nghi thôi chắc có lẽ Microsoft cho chau lấy TO with out pay. Hôm nao tôi gặp chi dâu hoi se ro chuyện nay bác TT.
Con người ta hể nhàn thì cư di bất thiện! Trong lúc time off đi tranh cữ thì đâu có ảnh hưởng gì tới công việc trong sở làm. Chúc cho cháu nó đắt cữ thành ông nọ bà kia cho có tiếng tăm ngoài xã hội với người ta. Thằng đù bán bánh cam không biết năm nào mới dám bắt chước cháu ni đi ứng cữ hội đồng xã bên cái xứ cò ho khỉ gáy của nó?

Khu vực nó ra tranh cữ dân "màu mè" đông thì hy vọng nó sẽ được ủng hộ lá phiếu. Lâu lắm rồi mới thấy lại cụm từ "a person of color".
Thankful
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1980
Old 08-01-2018 , 11:36 PM     Thankful est dconnect  search   Quote  
Cháu của anh giỏi và đẹp trai, chắc anh ất lì Ho ho ho
Da Vinci.
Số Điểm: 575
Old 08-02-2018 , 03:32 AM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Vợ con chú lóng rày sao rùi, còn cắn lưỡi tự tử nữa không chú
thatHoc.
Old 08-07-2018 , 03:09 PM     thatHoc. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Xin nhắc ACE WA State hôm nay là ngày đi bõ phiếu.
†ịnhTâm
Gold Member
Old 08-07-2018 , 03:17 PM     †ịnhTâm est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Xin nhắc ACE WA State hôm nay là ngày đi bõ phiếu.
Bác 7 đi bỏ phiếu ủng hộ cho thằng cháu chưa? Bạn nhậu hể có rượu có mồi thì khỏi rủ tụi nó cũng kéo tới, nhưng khi cần thì kiếm một đứa đỏ con mắt!