VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Nhà Bếp > Recipes (Nấu Ăn)

CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 920
Old 02-06-2018 , 02:37 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Anyone has this done? Please share ur experience.

Was it painful? Do they send U home with pain meds? With the procedure, they’ll cut the flap around ur iris to do the correction. My question is, how do they seal the flap when done? Will the flap ever fall out for some reason ?
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-06-2018 , 02:44 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
How do u know if you’re a good candidate or not? Did u get a consultation first before u finalize ur decision?
simplelife06
Số Điểm: 18297
Old 02-06-2018 , 03:14 AM     simplelife06 est dconnect  search   Quote  
During the procedure, your eyes are numbed so you don't feel much. Afterward there may be some irritation and discomfort but it should last for about 1 day. Over the counter painkiller should do. The flap heals much like your skin, it will bind together so there is no chance of falling out.

You need consultation with an eye surgeon to determined what is the best fit procedure. For me, i was not a lasik candidate because my cornea was too thin and they weren't able to cut a flap like the lasik procedure. Mine was done the old fashion way, called PRK, where they will scrap off a layer of the cornea, correct my vision and have it regrow back by itself. The healing process takes longer, normally about a week.
Ga`10
Royal Member
Số Điểm: 30237
Old 02-06-2018 , 03:23 AM     Ga`10 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Xin consultation appointments với 3 reputable lasik doctors để họ answer all your questions và có thể evaluate coi you are a good candidate for this procedure or not.

Chổ nào mà rush kêu làm liền thì nên stay away. Hồi đó Gà đeo gas permeable lenses cho nên 2 chổ bảo Gà phải stop wearing that lenses để cornea reshape lại trước khi họ làm. Còn 1 chổ thì bảo làm liền đi ...nếu sau này mắt tăng độ lên lại thì họ mổ lại free...but who wants to have the surgery done again unless they absolutely had too.

Chổ đó nghe nói Gà muốn chờ thêm thì họ còn offer for further discount to decide right on that day. Nghe họ nói xong như vậy là dọt lẹ liền...it's all about the money for them.

In the end, Gà làm ở TLC (cost about $4200 for both eyes) and did have to wait about 8 months b4 my cornea reshaped and my prescription stabilized.

Surgery làm nhanh lắm (less than 10 minutes for both eyes) và 0 có đau gì. Nhưng họ bắt sau đó phải có người chở mình về vì họ 0 muốn mình phải lái xe rủi ro 0 thấy đường. Cái khó chịu nhất là lúc họ banh mí mắt ra để bắn laser mà mình thì cứ muốn chớp mắt nhưng 0 được!

Ngày hôm sau Gà đi check up ở local optometrist thì họ nói Gà đả see được 20/20 tuy làm monovision (under correct left eye to help me read smaller fine prints and not having to wear reading glasses since I was in my 40's already)!
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-06-2018 , 03:25 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by simplelife06
During the procedure, your eyes are numbed so you don't feel much. Afterward there may be some irritation and discomfort but it should last for about 1 day. Over the counter painkiller should do. The flap heals much like your skin, it will bind together so there is no chance of falling out.

You need consultation with an eye surgeon to determined what is the best fit procedure. For me, i was not a lasik candidate because my cornea was too thin and they weren't able to cut a flap like the lasik procedure. Mine was done the old fashion way, called PRK, where they will scrap off a layer of the cornea, correct my vision and have it regrow back by itself. The healing process takes longer, normally about a week.
Thanks Simplelife. Is there a good doctor that u recommend? We live in a small town and According to yelp, the highest rating for some have only 3 stars. How much does it cost now since I heard it was really expensive in the past?
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-06-2018 , 05:23 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Ga`10
Xin consultation appointments với 3 reputable lasik doctors để họ answer all your questions và có thể evaluate coi you are a good candidate for this procedure or not.

Chổ nào mà rush kêu làm liền thì nên stay away. Hồi đó Gà đeo gas permeable lenses cho nên 2 chổ bảo Gà phải stop wearing that lenses để cornea reshape lại trước khi họ làm. Còn 1 chổ thì bảo làm liền đi ...nếu sau này mắt tăng độ lên lại thì họ mổ lại free...but who wants to have the surgery done again unless they absolutely had too.

Chổ đó nghe nói Gà muốn chờ thêm thì họ còn offer for further discount to decide right on that day. Nghe họ nói xong như vậy là dọt lẹ liền...it's all about the money for them.

In the end, Gà làm ở TLC (cost about $4200 for both eyes) and did have to wait about 8 months b4 my cornea reshaped and my prescription stabilized.

Surgery làm nhanh lắm (less than 10 minutes for both eyes) và 0 có đau gì. Nhưng họ bắt sau đó phải có người chở mình về vì họ 0 muốn mình phải lái xe rủi ro 0 thấy đường. Cái khó chịu nhất là lúc họ banh mí mắt ra để bắn laser mà mình thì cứ muốn chớp mắt nhưng 0 được!

Ngày hôm sau Gà đi check up ở local optometrist thì họ nói Gà đả see được 20/20 tuy làm monovision (under correct left eye to help me read smaller fine prints and not having to wear reading glasses since I was in my 40's already)!
I just told my Hubby about this and had an earful. He said one of his coworkers’s wife had this done and now the flap is all hanging because her young child accidentally threw a ball where it hit her in the eye. 🙊
tayninh
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3170
Old 02-06-2018 , 05:27 AM     tayninh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by simplelife06

How long have you had the procedure?
is your vision still the same and no glasses?

about 10 years ago I was told the same that my corneas were too thin and was recommended for a PRK but I decided not to do it
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-06-2018 , 03:04 PM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by tayninh
How long have you had the procedure?
is your vision still the same and no glasses?

about 10 years ago I was told the same that my corneas were too thin and was recommended for a PRK but I decided not to do it
I have talked to several people who had the surgery and the number 1 thing I hear a lot are dry eyes and lost of night vision. They said they never regretted in having it done but didn’t like to use the rewetting drops 3-4 times a day.

One of my coworker had it done and told me she had to wear reading glasses all the time cuz she can’t see the fine prints. She had to use eye drops constantly and she can’t see well to drive at night.

There’s pros and cons to everything. I really want to get it done and after talking to so many people who had the surgery, they all said they never regret it which has boosted my courage to go find a good doc so I can get this over with.

I want to get it done so bad too but without my husband’s permission, that’ll never happen.

I was watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-T9ZVadNns
And he told me I’m not getting it done so don’t even waste my time. Before marriage,there’s dad and in marriage, there’s also dad.
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-07-2018 , 01:58 PM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
People, I’m glad I was still too bunny to try Lasiks and glad I didn’t get the surgery. After watching th e video, this is a decision one can make. The most important thing in life is vision and once u lose it, you’ll never get it back. I’ll stick to my coke bottle glasses for now.😅🙈🙉🙊

Morally, I would never tell anyone to do it. But it’s their eyes and their choice. Before u decide to go with this elective procedure, please talk to all those who had the surgery, do lots of research before u finalize ur decision.

Good luck to all.

Dr Oz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJBuURoMfE

This is so graphic. I don’t think my eyes can take all the beating like what the lady is going through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FfUQQeZF4
Ga`10
Royal Member
Old 02-07-2018 , 03:15 PM     Ga`10 est dconnect  search   Quote  
With any surgery, there are always some risks and there are some unfortunate cases. There are people who died from flu and others didn't. No doctor will guarantee any procedure is 100% safe. You have to decide for yourself whether the risks are minimal enough or not.

Yes, one common side effect is dry eye and people have to use lubricating drops. I use it once every 3-4 days most of the time...during winter when we use heat then maybe once a day. My brother and nephew also had lasik done and noone complained about having to use eyedrops.

At night I do have a little more glares but it's not un-seeable!

For people who are nearsighted (can't see far), then reading close up is not a problem when they get old. So if you get lasik and fix the nearsightedness, then you won't be able to read small prints close up anymore. That's why I did monovision and undercorrect my left eye so I can sstill read closer up. Only when it's too small prints or dimmed lighting, then I may need reading glasses.

Overall I am very happy with my lasik and wish I had done it when I was much younger. It sure beats having to remember to take my lenses off every night or putting them on every morning b4 I can see. Also I can open my eyes underwater when swimming. The pros outweight the cons for me.

My husband on the other hand is totally fine with wearing contact lenses so he did not want lasik.
danny123
Số Điểm: 367
Old 02-07-2018 , 03:30 PM     danny123 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by CheriBlossom
Anyone has this done? Please share ur experience.

Was it painful? Do they send U home with pain meds? With the procedure, they’ll cut the flap around ur iris to do the correction. My question is, how do they seal the flap when done? Will the flap ever fall out for some reason ?
do it .. it is well worth it .. do you want to wear that coke bottle on your eyes for the rest of your life??
Truc xinh
Royal Member
Số Điểm: 20550
Old 02-07-2018 , 03:44 PM     Truc xinh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hên tui hổng có bị cận! Xứ tui mờ đeo kính mùa Đông bị hơi nước wải lắm!Nhà tui chỉ có người chị cả bị cận rất nhẹ 1-2 độ gì đó! Chỉ khi đọc sách mới đeo kính!
nhưng vẫn hỏi:- thực ư ngày tháng ấy?

Du Tử Lê
Ga`10
Royal Member
Old 02-08-2018 , 03:21 AM     Ga`10 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Truc xinh
Hên tui hổng có bị cận! Xứ tui mờ đeo kính mùa Đông bị hơi nước wải lắm!Nhà tui chỉ có người chị cả bị cận rất nhẹ 1-2 độ gì đó! Chỉ khi đọc sách mới đeo kính!
Người giàu mà còn save được $5K khỏi làm lasik nửa! Ganh tị quá!
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-08-2018 , 03:55 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Ga`10
With any surgery, there are always some risks and there are some unfortunate cases. There are people who died from flu and others didn't. No doctor will guarantee any procedure is 100% safe. You have to decide for yourself whether the risks are minimal enough or not.

Yes, one common side effect is dry eye and people have to use lubricating drops. I use it once every 3-4 days most of the time...during winter when we use heat then maybe once a day. My brother and nephew also had lasik done and noone complained about having to use eyedrops.

At night I do have a little more glares but it's not un-seeable!

For people who are nearsighted (can't see far), then reading close up is not a problem when they get old. So if you get lasik and fix the nearsightedness, then you won't be able to read small prints close up anymore. That's why I did monovision and undercorrect my left eye so I can sstill read closer up. Only when it's too small prints or dimmed lighting, then I may need reading glasses.

Overall I am very happy with my lasik and wish I had done it when I was much younger. It sure beats having to remember to take my lenses off every night or putting them on every morning b4 I can see. Also I can open my eyes underwater when swimming. The pros outweight the cons for me.

My husband on the other hand is totally fine with wearing contact lenses so he did not want lasik.
Yep, anything can happen like a person can get killed for just shopping at the mall by a gunman or just strolling along the hillside where they fell to their death even though it’s not even steep.

Lasiks is considered cosmetic and not necessarily needed like any over kind of surgeries. I’d get a by pass heart surgery considering I know there are numerous complications and side effect because I needed it. As for Lasiks, it’s preference and elective since u won’t die for not having it.

Like me for instance, I’ve been wearing contacts since 13 and after I married, I start wearing glasses cuz Hubby told me to. I didn’t like it at first but it is much better for my eyes since I sit in front of the computer all day. Yes, I’m vain and want to look pretty without glasses too.😅
I wore contacts when I was 13 cuz I wanted to fit in with the other kids and don’t want to look like a dork. So now, I’ve shed my contacts and only wear them on the weekends when I go out with Hubby. It’s glasses all day if I’m home.

We all do what we like and happy in doing. I’m still a bunny and until I find the courage to do it, that’s probably when Hubby has passed away in his old age already. 🙊
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-08-2018 , 04:18 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by danny123
do it .. it is well worth it .. do you want to wear that coke bottle on your eyes for the rest of your life??
Did u get it done? Minh day tho? (timid) lam. Chua dam lam tai gi so*. dau, so*. -dui and rat la so*. chong.😅
WesternBliss
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3620
Old 02-08-2018 , 04:40 AM     WesternBliss est dconnect  search   Quote  
I got mine done. they gave me drops to use after the surgery. It didn't hurt. Someone has to be with you to take you home after the procedure. But I am near sighted now.
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-08-2018 , 08:02 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Truc xinh
I really envy those with good eyesights. Ben gia dinh chong minh, ko co 1 ai deo kieng can, just only kieng lao for reading. Minh uoc gi kiep sao, neu co’ kiep sao, mat minh 20/15 giong Hubby minh. Ko can phai deo coke bottle glasses nua. 😭
tho_us
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 2664
Old 02-08-2018 , 08:10 AM     tho_us est dconnect  search   Quote  
I did my more than 10 years ago, TLC is very affordable back then. The doctor will prescribe 2 Valium for relaxing if you are one of the nervous ones, otherwise no need them. It took less than 5 mins on the chair. Near-sighted is one of the downsides but no more contacts, no more glasses, night vision is perfect. you might see stars at night for a few months, and use drops too if needed.
ngap_ruoi
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 10119
Old 02-08-2018 , 08:47 AM     ngap_ruoi est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hmm.... À hèm... Depending on your eyes... some people will need to wear eyes glasses again when getting old... some people don't... The procedure take only 5 min per eye... After numbed your eye they install a eyes guard or clips so you can not blink your eyes. Then cut a flap on top you the eyes and fold it back on top of your eye.. Then using laser to make correction inside your eye.. When complete the fold the flap back and the next eye will done next. After that a few drops of medication into each eyes... and they also give you some medication and 2 metal/plastic eyes protection to be use when you sleep.

The next day you need to come back to check up to see if the flap full close or to check for complication... The after that one week check up. Mean time you need to be off about 1 week for healing and medications drops..... Yup you need to buy atlease 2 kinds of medication.... 1 for prevention of bacteria (aka steroid).... 2 lubricant for the eyes....

The procedure usually cut 1 eye for far and 1 for near sight... After that your brain will balance it out... So you don't have to wear glasses for far or near sight ... For some people if your eye balls is stretching then after 10 year you might need to get glasses again...

Complication... Sometime doctor : over/under cut you might need glasses but your glasses will be thin..... Over cut the flap, flap fall out to the ground.... then the flap will be replace with donor eye flap. Eyes not healing well might need to be redone.
the percent of the complication is very low...

That all for now... But 1 thing for sure when you get old.. Beside doing lasik or not..... you may need lubricant for your eyes..... Until then... Good Luck..
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Old 02-08-2018 , 10:05 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by WesternBliss
I got mine done. they gave me drops to use after the surgery. It didn't hurt. Someone has to be with you to take you home after the procedure. But I am near sighted now.
That means you have to wear glasses again? What’s the point of spending 6k then having to wear glasses again?🙊