VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Nhà Bếp > Recipes (Nấu Ăn)

Hello Kitten
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3523
Old 09-27-2018 , 02:31 PM     Hello Kitten est dconnect  search   Quote  
Kavanaugh is not going to get the confirmation. Donald Duck has to nominate someone else. I find Dr. Ford’s testimonial very credible and she came out as a very real and honest person as I have been reserving my judgment on this issue. Republicans are regretting this hearing. 😂

On a personal note, this must be very hard for Dr. Ford and on her family. I don’t envy her position and I commend her for her strength, resilience and bravery.
Da Vinci.
Số Điểm: 524
Old 09-27-2018 , 03:07 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  

Christine Blasey Ford Breaks Down As Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) Commends Her Testimony.

“I have found your testimony powerful and credible, and I believe you,” Blumenthal told the Palo Alto University professor.

Blasey bowed her head and began crying.
Da Vinci.
Old 09-27-2018 , 03:32 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  

Watch Live: Kavanaugh and Blasey Hearing
anhbatron
Số Điểm: 106
Old 09-27-2018 , 04:00 PM     anhbatron est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Hello Kitten
Kavanaugh is not going to get the confirmation. Donald Duck has to nominate someone else. I find Dr. Ford’s testimonial very credible and she came out as a very real and honest person as I have been reserving my judgment on this issue. Republicans are regretting this hearing. 😂

On a personal note, this must be very hard for Dr. Ford and on her family. I don’t envy her position and I commend her for her strength, resilience and bravery.

I like your confidence Miss, but keep in mind that Anita Hill did the same thing to Clarence Thomas back in 1991 and he was confirmed in anyway. What would be the difference this time you think ?
Hello Kitten
Gold Member
Old 09-27-2018 , 04:14 PM     Hello Kitten est dconnect  search   Quote  
I am watching Kavanaugh’s testimony and I’m trying very hard to keep an open mind, but I’m piqued with the sniffling, water drinking and constant interruption of candy or some sort of object that’s in his mouth.

Hopefully I’m not biased, but I find his testimonial response, disrespectfully forceful and on an attack route towards the left as well as towards Senator Feinstein. His testimony is in contrast to Dr. Ford’s testimony.

Kavanaugh’s reference to his father and his father’s diary-keeping routine was touching, but when his memory of friend’s father and other stories got sniffling teary, I feel like he will cry at the drop of a hat, it’s too much sentiment for me, and rather staged. (Just my opinion.)
Quote :
Originally Posted by anhbatron
I like your confidence Miss, but keep in mind that Anita Hill did the same thing to Clarence Thomas back in 1991 and he was confirmed in anyway. What would be the difference this time you think ?
I am hoping this time around it will be different. America has evolved quite a bit since the nineties.

Republicans (if smart) and how they handle this situation could affect their future political careers.

Last edited by Hello Kitten; 09-27-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Tu*-Khoai
Số Điểm: 781
Old 09-27-2018 , 04:38 PM     Tu*-Khoai est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
The difference is credibilitỵ Anita Hill wasn't credible then, and the Congress was controlled by the Democrats, not Republicans. And Clarence Thomas was President Bush's Sr. nomination. A Republican nomination.

So, the difference is Credibility my friend.

Last edited by Tu*-Khoai; 09-27-2018 at 04:42 PM..
Tu*-Khoai
Số Điểm: 781
Old 09-27-2018 , 04:39 PM     Tu*-Khoai est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Hello Kitten
I am watching Kavanaugh’s testimony and I’m trying very hard to keep an open mind, but I’m piqued with the sniffling, water drinking and constant interruption of candy or some sort of object that’s in his mouth.

That's the indicator of weakness, lack of confidence, or just simply "a liar got caught when his pants were on fire"
Da Vinci.
Old 09-27-2018 , 05:06 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
1- Anita Hill is black and Christine Blasey Ford is white

2- The Anita Hill hearing was happening in a different time and place. The country is different. The #MeToo movement has changed the dialogue.

3- Polling

A Gallup/CNN poll in July 1991 showed 52 percent of Americans supported Clarence Thomas confirmation. A Gallup poll months after Anita Hill allegations showed 58 percent in favor.

According to a new USA TODAY/Ipsos Public Affairs Poll. Those surveyed said by 40 percent to 31 percent that the Senate shouldn't vote to approve his nomination.
Hello Kitten
Gold Member
Old 09-27-2018 , 05:22 PM     Hello Kitten est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Tu*-Khoai
That's the indicator of weakness, lack of confidence, or just simply "a liar got caught when his pants were on fire"
Yes. I get the distinct feeling he is stalling in hopes that a bright idea, answer or excuse will come into his mind to save him. When it doesn’t, he left us with the obnoxious noise from his mouth and his nose, it’s shameful. This hearing is suppose to vindicate him, but his constant argumentative nature and abrupt antics toward the senators’ queries make it easier to tighten the noose around him and pull him out of this whole process. He is unfit and untrustworthy in character to be in the highest position of the land to hand out the law and enforce it.
Da Vinci.
Old 09-27-2018 , 05:50 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Trump và Gop chịu đấm ăn xôi nên chắc Kavanaugh trước sau gì cũng được họ bồng vô Tối Cao Pháp Viện.

Tuy nhiên cái giá phải trả quá đắt, không những mất đa số tại Hạ Viện, mà rất có thể cả Thượng Viện.

Lúc đó Trump chắc giống như con cua bị gảy càng, chỉ còn mấy cái que
anhbatron
Số Điểm: 106
Old 09-27-2018 , 07:58 PM     anhbatron est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hello Kitten, Tu*-Khoai và Da Vinci.

Cám ơn 3 người đã góp ý kiến / quan diểm để mình mở rộng tầm mắt . Mình luẩn quẩn tối ngày lo cơm áo gạo tiền nên vấn đề chính trị chính em mù chất

dau_yeu
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 10286
Old 09-28-2018 , 03:00 PM     dau_yeu est dconnect  search   Quote  
dau_yeu
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 10286
Old 09-28-2018 , 03:02 PM     dau_yeu est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Da Vinci.
Trump và Gop chịu đấm ăn xôi nên chắc Kavanaugh trước sau gì cũng được họ bồng vô Tối Cao Pháp Viện.

Tuy nhiên cái giá phải trả quá đắt, không những mất đa số tại Hạ Viện, mà rất có thể cả Thượng Viện.

Lúc đó Trump chắc giống như con cua bị gảy càng, chỉ còn mấy cái que
Tui chỉ mong Trump chơi cho tụi Tàu sụm. The rest I dont care. Chừng nào thằng tàu tiêu tùng tui ăn mừng lớn
KatN
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1913
Old 09-28-2018 , 03:04 PM     KatN est dconnect  search   Quote  
After huddling privately with his colleagues, Flake announced that he would vote to advance Kavanaugh's nomination to the full Senate only if the FBI were to investigate the allegations against the judge. Democrats have been calling for such an investigation, though Republicans and the White House have insisted it's unnecessary.

The committee vote was 11-10 along party lines.

Flake said that after discussing the matter with fellow senators, he felt it "would be proper to delay the floor vote for up to but not more than one week."
Canh en
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1984
Old 09-28-2018 , 03:55 PM     Canh en est actuellement connect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by dau_yeu
Tui chỉ mong Trump chơi cho tụi Tàu sụm. The rest I dont care. Chừng nào thằng tàu tiêu tùng tui ăn mừng lớn
Da Vinci.
Old 09-28-2018 , 04:31 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by KatN
After huddling privately with his colleagues, Flake announced that he would vote to advance Kavanaugh's nomination to the full Senate only if the FBI were to investigate the allegations against the judge. Democrats have been calling for such an investigation, though Republicans and the White House have insisted it's unnecessary.

The committee vote was 11-10 along party lines.

Flake said that after discussing the matter with fellow senators, he felt it "would be proper to delay the floor vote for up to but not more than one week."
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...5e3c22e899?g0q

A sexual assault survivor confronted Flake in a Capitol Hill elevator.

Jeff Flake là nghị sỉ Cộng Hòa không có lập trường, mưa nắng thất thường như TinhLang, mới vừa củng các nghị sỉ Dân Chủ đòi FBI điều tra xong mới vote, quay lưng lại là liếm sạch, vote yes cùng với các đồng chí CH. Final vote 11-10.

Jeff Flake đã làm đàn bà con gái Mỹ cực kỳ tức giận, chận đầu ông ta ngay ngay sau đó, vừa khóc vừa hỏi hết sức phẫn nộ on live CNN TV, trong khi Flake cúi gầm đầu giả điếc như Anh Điếc ..

‘Don’t Look Away From Me’

“You’re telling all women that they don’t matter,”

“Look at me when I’m talking to you!”

“You’re telling me that my assault doesn’t matter.”

Watch a clip of the exchange on CNN below:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1045673959159517184
Da Vinci.
Old 09-28-2018 , 04:36 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by dau_yeu
Chuyện đó sẽ không bao giờ xãy ra, vì nếu Tàu thấy Tàu sẽ "sụm", thì Tàu sẽ nhượng bộ những yêu sách của Mỹ và cuộc chiến thương mại tăng thuế sẽ kết thúc ngay lập tức.
Da Vinci.
Old 09-28-2018 , 04:55 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Published on Sep 26, 2018
Da Vinci.
Old 09-28-2018 , 04:57 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote  

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Testifies Against Brett Kavanaugh | The Daily Show
Da Vinci.
Old 09-28-2018 , 04:59 PM     Da Vinci. est dconnect  search   Quote