VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Nhà Bếp > Recipes (Nấu Ăn)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
DuyVII
Member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Số Điểm: 548
Old 10-09-2018 , 12:03 AM     DuyVII est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Listen&Learn
Anh Duy,

Lúc xưa em đã nói rùi nhưng giờ nói lại thêm một lần nữa

Anh Duy biết tiếng Việt, Hoa & tiếng Anh rất hay & hên.
Anh có biết phần đông hiện nay investors đứng sau lưng của những hãng toàn là người Chinese không anh Duy?

Lúc xưa em có làm một hãng pharmaceutical & ông director biết rất nhiều thứ tiếng trong đó có cả tiếng Hoa & he lên như diều gặp gió.

Co^ LL,

I do realize that you were quite sincere when you said that, and, yes, you did mention it once before, which is the reason why I spent the time to write back in full. And thank you for your concerns, as I also can sense that you were a bit concerned for a stranger. To tell you the truth, you weren't the first person who ever said that to me, my close friends and the people in my family circle had also thought of my decision as rather abnormal, because I would give up a self-made respectable career so that I have a chance to "đi bụi" or to wander on foot in Vietnam. It was a hard-earned career and reputation that I gave it all up just for a life changing moment, not necessary for the better but for a chance to be able to do what I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfc0JdJ6uWU

We all had struggled in life at point or another, but what were the outcomes at the end is all that matters. Just last week someone asked me to help out on looking into a case that recently reported about an unfortunate family in Vietnam, and then perhaps find a way to help them financially with this person's raised fund or personal donation. I immediately agree to help out without much of consideration over it. After all, not like I have to come up with my own money, so I don't mind and don't have good reasons not spending a little time to help out both parties. The harder part was that I only have $400 something balance in the bank. Although this is considered a relatively larger amount as an average balance for me on any given month, I simply didn't have enough to make a difference in attempt to rescue a family financially. In other words, this person would have to somehow wire the fund to me first in order for this charitable mission to happen. Whether or not I am the right person to be trusted for this, that's entirely a different matter.

This may sound rather irresponsible to many people, and it would have been the same perception for me as well if anyone ever asked me about this 10 or 20 years ago. The question is how much I would be willing to sacrifice in order to do something I really love. The answer is a lot, or $60k worth of annual contracts in this case. I had worked very hard and delicately to setup this current job of mine, so that I can just earn less (much less) but being able to travel to and live at various corners of the world. I already knew that one day I will live in Europe for a period of time, unless I ended up dead unexpectedly, which is all possible from this point going forward.

Life as we all have known too well, it will go on and it will certainly end one day, just a matter of time and with or without regrets. Believe it or not, I am not the type of people who could live comfortably or happily just being rich. I don't enjoy materialistic lifestyle, and I wouldn't drive a luxurious car regardless how much I can afford. I want a lot more than that in life, and I have been wanting even more ever since I reached 50s, a simple life. Various levels of wealth and success have a price-tag that we all have to pay, and we all have been paying for it many, many years now. I just don't want to pay for it a lifetime.

Last edited by DuyVII; 10-09-2018 at 01:22 AM..
danny123
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Số Điểm: 607
Old 10-09-2018 , 01:41 AM     danny123 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Bill Gate co founder of Microsoft once said

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...pIRtQgqaAcY6RS
†ịnhTâm
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Số Điểm: 3592
Old 10-09-2018 , 02:07 AM     †ịnhTâm est actuellement connect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by DuyVII
Co^ LL,

I do realize that you were quite sincere when you said that, and, yes, you did mention it once before, which is the reason why I spent the time to write back in full. And thank you for your concerns, as I also can sense that you were a bit concerned for a stranger. To tell you the truth, you weren't the first person who ever said that to me, my close friends and the people in my family circle had also thought of my decision as rather abnormal, because I would give up a self-made respectable career so that I have a chance to "đi bụi" or to wander on foot in Vietnam. It was a hard-earned career and reputation that I gave it all up just for a life changing moment, not necessary for the better but for a chance to be able to do what I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfc0JdJ6uWU

We all had struggled in life at point or another, but what were the outcomes at the end is all that matters. Just last week someone asked me to help out on looking into a case that recently reported about an unfortunate family in Vietnam, and then perhaps find a way to help them financially with this person's raised fund or personal donation. I immediately agree to help out without much of consideration over it. After all, not like I have to come up with my own money, so I don't mind and don't have good reasons not spending a little time to help out both parties. The harder part was that I only have $400 something balance in the bank. Although this is considered a relatively larger amount as an average balance for me on any given month, I simply didn't have enough to make a difference in attempt to rescue a family financially. In other words, this person would have to somehow wire the fund to me first in order for this charitable mission to happen. Whether or not I am the right person to be trusted for this, that's entirely a different matter.

This may sound rather irresponsible to many people, and it would have been the same perception for me as well if anyone ever asked me about this 10 or 20 years ago. The question is how much I would be willing to sacrifice in order to do something I really love. The answer is a lot, or $60k worth of annual contracts in this case. I had worked very hard and delicately to setup this current job of mine, so that I can just earn less (much less) but being able to travel to and live at various corners of the world. I already knew that one day I will live in Europe for a period of time, unless I ended up dead unexpectedly, which is all possible from this point going forward.

Life as we all have known too well, it will go on and it will certainly end one day, just a matter of time and with or without regrets. Believe it or not, I am not the type of people who could live comfortably or happily just being rich. I don't enjoy materialistic lifestyle, and I wouldn't drive a luxurious car regardless how much I can afford. I want a lot more than that in life, and I have been wanting even more ever since I reached 50s, a simple life. Various levels of wealth and success have a price-tag that we all have to pay, and we all have been paying for it many, many years now. I just don't want to pay for it a lifetime.
Chậc chậc ... ông bà xưa hay khuyên con cháu nên kín miệng về chuyện tiền bạc chớ nên khoe khoang kẻo có kẻ gian mò đến hỏi thăm! Cô LL khoe banh chợ nhà lồng mới bán được chiếc xe cũ cũng kiếm khá bộn bạc để xài rủng rỉnh, dư dả vãi cách đây vài ba hôm.

Thế là có chú chệt ghé hỏi thăm sức phẻ, xí xô xí xào ba điều bốn chuyện đại ý là "Í dà ông trời ơi, có người cần ngộ giúp mà đâu có được, ngộ có chút tiền còm để xài, ngộ mà có dư tiền là ngộ chơi hết mình giúp người ta lớ!

Live & Learn cục cưng chị Hai!
Listen&Learn
Diamond Member
Join Date: May 2008
Số Điểm: 8923
Old 10-09-2018 , 12:16 PM     Listen&Learn est dconnect  search   Quote  
Anh Duy,

Thank you for sharing your story and a short video clip about yourself. I admired you the fact that you can give up everything here in the U.S and go back to VietNam to “di bui”. Not everyone is willing to give up all their years of investments to build a good life and more importantly having the basic freedom and human rights here in the US. You’ll lose that basic freedom in Vietnam.

For me, it’s okay to travel around the world for a short period of time visiting each new foreign places but I will not just jump into a culture without having some understanding of the reality and challenges that can be very difficult to overcome. There are both good and questionable people everywhere so use caution and all your wits & wisdom before you approach any situation in a foreign place. Of course you want to spend time enjoying the full life experience in traveling but setbacks and dubious characters who take advantage of your kind heart can turn your world upside down. Also if you suddenly fallen very sick and you need urgent medical attention somewhere, what will your plan A, B or C? I am not trying to discourage or push you into making a decision. In my opinion, I would visit the foreign place different times of the year when it’s popular & not popular to see the daily grind life there. What path(s) that you may choose, have a clear and informative mind with deep passion from your heart. I wish you good luck and success in life.
GioDauMua20
Gold Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Số Điểm: 3154
Old 10-09-2018 , 12:36 PM     GioDauMua20 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Listen&Learn
Anh Duy,

Thank you for sharing your story and a short video clip about yourself. I admired you the fact that you can give up everything here in the U.S and go back to VietNam to “di bui”. Not everyone is willing to give up all their years of investments to build a good life and more importantly having the basic freedom and human rights here in the US. You’ll lose that basic freedom in Vietnam.

For me, it’s okay to travel around the world for a short period of time visiting each new foreign places but I will not just jump into a culture without having some understanding of the reality and challenges that can be very difficult to overcome. There are both good and questionable people everywhere so use caution and all your wits & wisdom before you approach any situation in a foreign place. Of course you want to spend time enjoying the full life experience in traveling but setbacks and dubious characters who take advantage of your kind heart can turn your world upside down. Also if you suddenly fallen very sick and you need urgent medical attention somewhere, what will your plan A, B or C? I am not trying to discourage or push you into making a decision. In my opinion, I would visit the foreign place different times of the year when it’s popular & not popular to see the daily grind life there. What path(s) that you may choose, have a clear and informative mind with deep passion from your heart. I wish you good luck and success in life.

He does not care. I doubt he knows what those (human rights) are
DuyVII
Member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Số Điểm: 548
Old 10-09-2018 , 02:02 PM     DuyVII est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Listen&Learn
Anh Duy,

Thank you for sharing your story and a short video clip about yourself. I admired you the fact that you can give up everything here in the U.S and go back to VietNam to “di bui”. Not everyone is willing to give up all their years of investments to build a good life and more importantly having the basic freedom and human rights here in the US. You’ll lose that basic freedom in Vietnam.

For me, it’s okay to travel around the world for a short period of time visiting each new foreign places but I will not just jump into a culture without having some understanding of the reality and challenges that can be very difficult to overcome. There are both good and questionable people everywhere so use caution and all your wits & wisdom before you approach any situation in a foreign place. Of course you want to spend time enjoying the full life experience in traveling but setbacks and dubious characters who take advantage of your kind heart can turn your world upside down. Also if you suddenly fallen very sick and you need urgent medical attention somewhere, what will your plan A, B or C? I am not trying to discourage or push you into making a decision. In my opinion, I would visit the foreign place different times of the year when it’s popular & not popular to see the daily grind life there. What path(s) that you may choose, have a clear and informative mind with deep passion from your heart. I wish you good luck and success in life.


LL,

Not that I would encourage you to do the same, but you were thinking too much into the negative side of this. You don't seem to realize that I am a well planner and a survivor, and I don't intend to make Vietnam as my permanent residency. As a married woman, naturally safety and security are the most priorities for you and your family when travel. The good thing for me is that I am not a woman, and I travel alone. After all, I no longer have a family or anyone to care for after my parents passed away and my girls already grew up.

Unfortunate incidences do happen everywhere around the world, especially in US if you ever have the adventurous personality to travel and explore the different regions in the US. Not only you will encounter discrimination against you when you are in other parts of the country, you certainly will need to be careful to go out at night or somewhere remote. I didn't have to worry about all those that much while living in Vietnam, and I don't enjoy the colorful lifestyle in the big cities here. Freedom and human rights are not a concern for foreign residents here, and I am still a US citizen.

Other than the curiosity to explore other corners of the world, one of the reasons I wanted to try out a different life in Taiwan is because its wonderful healthcare system, which some people said that it's 10 times better than healthcare in US. It' not only very affordable but also very accessible and very advance as well. To get a temporary residency there is relatively tricky, but I am working on it. No, having the opportunity to explore Vietnam for the past 4 years is more than I can ask for, and I don't intend to live in VN that much longer. After a few years in Taiwan, my next destination is Europe.

Last edited by DuyVII; 10-09-2018 at 02:05 PM..
†ịnhTâm
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Số Điểm: 3592
Old 10-09-2018 , 05:54 PM     †ịnhTâm est actuellement connect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by GioDauMua20
He does not care. I doubt he knows what those (human rights) are
You meant to say Hunan Fried Rice?
Miss Holly
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2004
Số Điểm: 110
Old 10-09-2018 , 09:58 PM     Miss Holly est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by GioDauMua20
He does not care.
That's a very judgmental statement. I find each person's measurement of their own compassion or caring ness will differ from others, therefore 'to each his/her own'. Tiếng Việt mình có câu, "Làm sao lấy thước đo được lòng người?"

Duy does what he can and what he considers is enough. It's his call, his life, his choice. (Please don't bite the messenger. )
DuyVII
Member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Số Điểm: 548
Old 10-10-2018 , 11:21 AM     DuyVII est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Miss Holly
That's a very judgmental statement. I find each person's measurement of their own compassion or caring ness will differ from others, therefore 'to each his/her own'. Tiếng Việt mình có câu, "Làm sao lấy thước đo được lòng người?"

Duy does what he can and what he considers is enough. It's his call, his life, his choice. (Please don't bite the messenger. )

We may call that either being judgmental or jealousy, or, as I would call it, the act of an Ugly Mad Monkey, but it really is someone's mental condition that has been the same for the past 7 long years. Is that enjoyable or simply eating the heart out for all those years?

Last edited by DuyVII; 10-10-2018 at 11:24 AM..
GioDauMua20
Gold Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Số Điểm: 3154
Old 10-10-2018 , 12:00 PM     GioDauMua20 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by DuyVII
We may call that either being judgmental or jealousy, or, as I would call it, the act of an Ugly Mad Monkey, but it really is someone's mental condition that has been the same for the past 7 long years. Is that enjoyable or simply eating the heart out for all those years?


Ruy Ship kêu tau ganh tị với hắn bây ơi.

Cho ngộ khười phát.

Lị Ruy Ship khó khái gì cho ngộ ganh thị chớ?

Về nhan sắc: lị sấu & già bỏ mẹ á.

Về tiếng Anh: tiếng Anh của lị như shiet á

Về tiếng Việt: tiếng Việt của lị như poop

Về tiền bạc: lị mậu có (giống ngộ)

Lị khó cái khon mẹ gi hơn ngộ để cho ngộ ganh tị chớ?

Lị không có gate đâu á
DuyVII
Member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Số Điểm: 548
Old 10-10-2018 , 12:11 PM     DuyVII est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by GioDauMua20
Ruy Ship kêu tau ganh tị với hắn bây ơi.

Cho ngộ khười phát.

Lị Ruy Ship khó khái gì cho ngộ ganh thị chớ?

Về nhan sắc: lị sấu & già bỏ mẹ á.

Về tiếng Anh: tiếng Anh của lị như shiet á

Về tiếng Việt: tiếng Việt của lị như poop

Về tiền bạc: lị mậu có (giống ngộ)

Lị khó cái khon mẹ gi hơn ngộ để cho ngộ ganh tị chớ?

Lị không có gate đâu á

I would totally agree with you on all those points above, but the problem is we can't just end a Mad Monkey's insanity there. For whatever that has been the point, you have been dragging it on for too, too long that even your all fans had died out on you. Wait.. no.. not quite, there is still a single one left, and that must be very fortunate for you.
Miss Holly
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2004
Số Điểm: 110
Old 10-10-2018 , 08:00 PM     Miss Holly est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by DuyVII
We may call that either being judgmental or jealousy, or, as I would call it, the act of an Ugly Mad Monkey, but it really is someone's mental condition that has been the same for the past 7 long years. Is that enjoyable or simply eating the heart out for all those years?
I don't believe he's jealous, but I have nothing to substantiate my comment either. I gather my opinion of him through my exchange with him. I also find it rather ironic anyone challenging another's 'mental condition' when we all play in the same forum, kind of like the "rubber and glue" theory.

Here's my honest thoughts ..... he's rigid in his thinking (oftentimes). I would give this credit to either his age or years of life experience. He pokes at you when you are too to the right or too to the left ..... to guide or challenge you to think a little more differently, nothing wrong with it. He doesn't mince words, because you're a guy, he figured you can take it. It's weird if he starts coaxing you with gentle and nice words to advise you to think differently, right?

Somehow I get the distinct feeling that if you two were on a team together for a common purpose, your production would be outstanding. Why? You're somewhat of a perfectionist, wanting to present the best you could, whereas he finds flaws to challenge the project, poke holes into it so that the end result would be at its best.

He has been hounding you for 7 years? Amazing ..... he really likes you. He has ignored me all these years until I poked at him a few weeks ago.
GioDauMua20
Gold Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Số Điểm: 3154
Old 10-10-2018 , 08:13 PM     GioDauMua20 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Miss Holly
I don't believe he's jealous, but I have nothing to substantiate my comment either. I gather my opinion of him through my exchange with him. I also find it rather ironic anyone challenging another's 'mental condition' when we all play in the same forum, kind of like the "rubber and glue" theory.

Here's my honest thoughts ..... he's rigid in his thinking (oftentimes). I would give this credit to either his age or years of life experience. He pokes at you when you are too to the right or too to the left ..... to guide or challenge you to think a little more differently, nothing wrong with it. He doesn't mince words, because you're a guy, he figured you can take it. It's weird if he starts coaxing you with gentle and nice words to advise you to think differently, right?

Somehow I get the distinct feeling that if you two were on a team together for a common purpose, your production would be outstanding. Why? You're somewhat of a perfectionist, wanting to present the best you could, whereas he finds flaws to challenge the project, poke holes into it so that the end result would be at its best.

He has been hounding you for 7 years? Amazing ..... he really likes you. He has ignored me all these years until I poked at him a few weeks ago.


Ngáp .....................................
Miss Holly
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2004
Số Điểm: 110
Old 10-10-2018 , 08:25 PM     Miss Holly est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by GioDauMua20
Ngáp .....................................
Admit it, you truly and wholeheartedly like Duy. You're really good at calling out Tsunami, why don't you call out the PowerBall numbers for me?
DuyVII
Member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Số Điểm: 548
Old 10-11-2018 , 06:45 AM     DuyVII est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Miss Holly
You're somewhat of a perfectionist, wanting to present the best you could, whereas he finds flaws to challenge the project, poke holes into it so that the end result would be at its best.

Are you thinking the 7 long lasting years of personal insults based on my family Chinese-Vietnamese background as a way to find flaws? Indeed, I am somewhat of a perfectionist as you already can tell, but I am also a very socially responsible person.

Do you know why I didn't keep on consistently flooding all his threads with my Chinese songs intentionally to drive the monkey off the wall?

Last edited by DuyVII; 10-11-2018 at 07:26 AM..
Miss Holly
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2004
Số Điểm: 110
Old 10-11-2018 , 07:55 PM     Miss Holly est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by DuyVII
Are you thinking the 7 long lasting years of personal insults based on my family Chinese-Vietnamese background as a way to find flaws? Indeed, I am somewhat of a perfectionist as you already can tell, but I am also a very socially responsible person
Vậy thì ... anh Duy không hiểu ý của Holly rồi, that's too bad. Life is short, don't carry these self-conjured burden with you throughout your life. There are tons of GDM20 running loose all over the place, even in Vietnam, in fact, there are half a dozen GDM20 at my office. I keep out of their way, they will extinguish themselves so I don't have to do anything.
Quote :
Originally Posted by DuyVII
Do you know why I didn't keep on consistently flooding all his threads with my Chinese songs intentionally to drive the monkey off the wall?
Did or didn't. This sentence doesn't make sense to me, it's contradicting your point. I thought in order to drive anyone crazy you would continually flood the forum with your Chinese songs, right?


Question: Guess which one is you and which one is GDM20?
Answer: I rather be the one left standing.
DuyVII
Member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Số Điểm: 548
Old 10-12-2018 , 02:10 AM     DuyVII est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Miss Holly
Vậy thì ... anh Duy không hiểu ý của Holly rồi, that's too bad. Life is short, don't carry these self-conjured burden with you throughout your life. There are tons of GDM20 running loose all over the place, even in Vietnam, in fact, there are half a dozen GDM20 at my office. I keep out of their way, they will extinguish themselves so I don't have to do anything.

Did or didn't. This sentence doesn't make sense to me, it's contradicting your point. I thought in order to drive anyone crazy you would continually flood the forum with your Chinese songs, right?

The fact is that I had ignored his insulting comments regularly and sometimes even for a whole year if not longer, but that clearly isn't a solution neither. Regardless how we would like to put it, it isn't going to stop. The good thing is that this doesn't relate to you and your family. So the real question is whether or not I will continue to let it goes on, not like I have a choice in it anyway, but rather with or without reminding a monkey of his own position at times. This is not all about quarreling with the people online. There is a part of social responsibility in it when we are dealing with racial conflicts in a community. This was and still is the reality of life for a lot of people like me.

No, the word is did not, meaning I could easily keep on doing just that, by keep on posting the Chinese songs in all of his threads to drive the monkey off the wall, but I didn't.

Miss, I realize that you were being friendly with your comments, but I think we should stop this conversation here and stop talking about the monkey, or else we will end up engaging on a longer and unnecessary conversation about this mad monkey. We don't need to do that.

Last edited by DuyVII; 10-12-2018 at 02:22 AM..
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.