VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Nhà Bếp > Recipes (Nấu Ăn)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-08-2018 , 09:52 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
-Dam’ Do^? Or Gio^~ in English? Rememberance Day? I would think it’s called anniversary but it didn’t sound right?

Does anyone know?
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-08-2018 , 09:56 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Might as well khoe my cooking today. 😇 it’s the most easiest thing to make in the world aside from cooking rice.

7hien!
Gold Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 3514
Old 05-08-2018 , 09:58 AM     7hien! est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by CheriBlossom
-Dam’ Do^? Or Gio^~ in English? Rememberance Day? I would think it’s called anniversary but it didn’t sound right?

Does anyone know?
Giô~ ... tiéng anh Hong biét ...
Newbie
Gold Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Số Điểm: 2921
Old 05-08-2018 , 10:00 AM     Newbie est dconnect  search   Quote  
Đám giỗ / ngày giỗ = memorial day ( maybe )


Dỗ as in “dụ dỗ”
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-08-2018 , 10:19 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by 7hien!
Giô~ ... tiéng anh Hong biét ...
Hi anh7hien, how are U? I think that’s how you spell the word but not so sure.


Quote :
Originally Posted by Newbie
Đám giỗ / ngày giỗ = memorial day ( maybe )


Dỗ as in “dụ dỗ”
Hheheh, I only know how to write it the way I pronounce it. 😅

Hi Newbie, how’s it going?

So, it’s appropriate to say, “it’s my grandma’s Memorial Day” for example? I thought that word is used for veterans only. ??
Newbie
Gold Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Số Điểm: 2921
Old 05-08-2018 , 10:47 AM     Newbie est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by CheriBlossom
Hheheh, I only know how to write it the way I pronounce it. 😅

Hi Newbie, how’s it going?

So, it’s appropriate to say, “it’s my grandma’s Memorial Day” for example? I thought that word is used for veterans only. ??
Yeah! “Memorial day” sounds more respectful to deceased ones (like those fallen soldiers/veterans/heroes).

Westerners don’t have ngày giỗ, they only have a day to remember their loved ones as birthday .

The word “anniversary” sounds right for people who are still alive.


Just my opinion
tayninh
Gold Member
Join Date: Apr 2003
Số Điểm: 3074
Old 05-08-2018 , 10:32 PM     tayninh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hình như chữ "Death anniversary" được dùng thường.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_anniversary
7hien!
Gold Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 3514
Old 05-14-2018 , 01:31 AM     7hien! est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by CheriBlossom
Hi anh7hien, how are U? I think that’s how you spell the word but not so sure.




Hheheh, I only know how to write it the way I pronounce it. 😅

Hi Newbie, how’s it going?

So, it’s appropriate to say, “it’s my grandma’s Memorial Day” for example? I thought that word is used for veterans only. ??
Do you have something to eat? Let eat first and talk later ...
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-14-2018 , 05:05 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Newbie
Yeah! “Memorial day” sounds more respectful to deceased ones (like those fallen soldiers/veterans/heroes).

Westerners don’t have ngày giỗ, they only have a day to remember their loved ones as birthday .

The word “anniversary” sounds right for people who are still alive.


Just my opinion
I think we should create a word for it, something we can share with other cultures. How about Recollection Day?🤔

I wonder why the media call it the “911 Anniversary” ? Why is it considered an anniversary when there’s deaths and sufferings involved?
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-14-2018 , 07:57 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by tayninh
Hình như chữ "Death anniversary" được dùng thường.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_anniversary
Nghe giong chuc’ mu*ng cho 1 cai’ che^’t va^y.🤭
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-14-2018 , 08:03 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by 7hien!
Do you have something to eat? Let eat first and talk later ...
This is all I got that’s healthy. It’s strawberry banana slushy, just for your eyes Anh7hien.

Btw: minh khoe mong tay van con dep after 2 weeks.😍 it was getting long so I had to cut them off.
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-14-2018 , 09:40 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
I made pho yesterday which will last us the whole week. 😅

For desert, pineapple and orange slushy drink is pretty healthy enough. 😍

Odysseusa
Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Số Điểm: 2436
Old 05-14-2018 , 09:44 AM     Odysseusa est dconnect  search   Quote  
CB

Are you still here? Why?
CheriBlossom
Loyal Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Số Điểm: 915
Old 05-14-2018 , 10:11 AM     CheriBlossom est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Odysseusa
CB

Are you still here? Why?
2 more weeks and our house will be done. 🎉🎉🎉🎉I’m so happy cuz I will have my own closet, more space and a special desk for me to decorate these guys. 😅


Odysseusa
Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Số Điểm: 2436
Old 05-14-2018 , 10:24 AM     Odysseusa est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by CheriBlossom
2 more weeks and our house will be done. 🎉🎉🎉🎉I’m so happy cuz I will have my own closet, more space and a special desk for me to decorate these guys. 😅


Congrats CB ...............,
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.