VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Nhà Bếp > Recipes (Nấu Ăn)

VanLang76
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1349
Old 08-18-2019 , 07:13 PM     VanLang76 est dconnect  search   Quote  
In the text, Joseph is described as the now-familiar, elderly partner of Mary: a widower with adult children from a previous marriage, which helped explain away Jesus’ pesky siblings. The elderly saint claims he is not up to the task of caring for a youthful, pregnant wife out of sheer exhaustion, and the potential embarrassment.

“I have children, and I am an old man, and she is a young girl. I am afraid lest I become a laughing-stock to the sons of Israel,” Joseph complains to the high priest. “The Protoevangelium of James was a way of reasserting, in a very emphatic way, the virginity of Mary,” says Princeton University’s Elaine Pagels, professor of the history of religion. It wasn’t the only document that did so.

In another early text, The History of Joseph the Carpenter, which was composed in Egypt between the 6th and 7th centuries, Christ himself tells the story of his step-father, claiming Joseph was 90 years old when he married Mary and died at 111.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...rys-age-215838
VanLang76
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1349
Old 08-19-2019 , 02:36 PM     VanLang76 est dconnect  search   Quote  
In another early text, The History of Joseph the Carpenter, which was composed in Egypt between the 6th and 7th centuries, Christ himself tells the story of his step-father, claiming Joseph was 90 years old when he married Mary and died at 111.