VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Giải Trí > Nối Vòng Tay Lớn

Alashikata
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 6114
Old 05-17-2016 , 11:34 PM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
It's Sacramento. Housing market was crashed 2009-2012. 2012 was at the bottom. If anyone in Cali buy a house in 2012, they would make at least gain $100k.

Actually Feb 2012 was the end of the bottom, however; it went up a little but hard to find something around $100k

Anything at $100k in 2012, now value around $220K-$250K

$300K ---> maybe $450k now

Right now is not a good time to buy house unless you're rental then go for it but for investment "absolutely no"

Summer : 80F-95F, 100F around 1 or 2 weeks max
Winter : 35-45F average, 22F-30F maybe few days.

However; I like hot and dry in my city instead of humid like other states in Midwest - eastcoast.

Normally, I don't use AC much in summer, total 4 weeks max. You can drive a car in hot dry air but you really can't do that with humid temp.
càchua
Số Điểm: 768
Old 05-18-2016 , 02:38 PM     càchua est dconnect  search   Quote  
Wow, you got such a great deal for the house. It doesn't sounds like the weather gets too hot in the summer. I don't like hot weather. I prefer in the 70s but when it gets to.90 or higher, that's too hot for.me.
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 02:59 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Well, my Fri off so continue working on the house again.

Hope LinhXa doesn't laugh at my drywall, will patch and paint after done with lunch

The hallway is kind small so it's hard to take the picture.

Started from the bedroom in Nov last year with polyurethane finish but it's kinda ichy on your feet, so I am trying to find a way to fix it, want it shinny but have to be smooth on feet. I will try to sand again and apply one more coat to see what happen since it's my first time doing the hardwood.

LinhXa
Royal Member
Số Điểm: 33154
Old 05-20-2016 , 03:38 AM     LinhXa est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Alashikata
Well, my Fri off so continue working on the house again.

Hope LinhXa doesn't laugh at my drywall, will patch and paint after done with lunch

[i

Started from the bedroom in Nov last year with polyurethane finish but it's kinda ichy on your feet, so I am trying to find a way to fix it, want it shinny but have to be smooth on feet. I will try to sand again and apply one more coat to see what happen since it's my first time doing the hardwood.

g[/img]
not bad .. not bad ... mà cần trét lên dry wall compound and sand it down, so the cracks will disappear

go buy a corner backet and put up a table top ... in that corner ... good use for plants or junks
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 03:55 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Trying to look on youtube to see if anyone does the compound as texture so no need to sand Wish I don't give a mess.

Thinking to do a small bookshelf at the corner from bottom to top to keep it clean
tash
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1385
Old 05-20-2016 , 04:31 AM     tash est dconnect  search   Quote  
i am tired just looking at your work in progress .
t muốn mua cái tool set nay`
cái cưa này cưa cái giuờng đuợc không vậy ? t muốn cưa cái headboard

http://www.walmart.com/ip/28923093?w...871392&veh=sem

cái giuờng solidwood t muốn mua cái heađboard nay về gán lên nhưng phải cưa cái heađboard solidwood

Last edited by tash; 05-20-2016 at 04:36 AM..
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 04:42 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
khi nào có hứng thú thì làm, từ sáng giờ làm hong sao, tự nhiên thời tiết xụp xuống 65F, nên bây giờ làm biến luôn

Can unscrew the heađboard, then but the new one in Còn cái cưa đó chỉ để dủa móng tay
tash
Loyal Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 04:45 AM     tash est dconnect  search   Quote  
t đâu có cưa, mua để đó khi thằng cha delivery tới kiu chả cưa dùm
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 04:53 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
My suggestion is take the headboard out to decorate on the wall

This is what I have in mind for my room, have saved a lot of pic for ideas such as these. More easy to change new look later

tash
Loyal Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 04:58 AM     tash est dconnect  search   Quote  
T changed 4 cai gường rồi lâu lâu đổi màu khác đỡ chán t thich giường solid wood stable không bị nhúc nhích
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 05:06 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Bộ mập lắm sao mà đến nỏi nhúc nhíc Nằm đất chắc hong nhúc nhíc
LinhXa
Royal Member
Số Điểm: 33154
Old 05-20-2016 , 05:08 AM     LinhXa est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Bộ mập lắm sao mà đến nỏi nhúc nhíc Nằm đất chắc hong nhúc nhíc
đúng là lúa mà .. bed mà nhúch nhích vì có ng trên đó pumping
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 05:10 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Ohh really, tại có một lần bị xập giường nên hong có nghĩ là nhúc nhíc
tash
Loyal Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 05:16 AM     tash est dconnect  search   Quote  
Bạo lực gì tới xập giường giường anh tự đóng phải không?
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 06:13 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Ừa, mới gắn vào mà quên đóng đinh nên vừa leo lên là nó xập ròi
workforcoffe
Số Điểm: 198
Old 05-20-2016 , 07:50 AM     workforcoffe est dconnect  search   Quote  
With 1500 sq ft lot, I can parcel the property to build another house but they asked for 15k just do the lot parcel so I cancelled.

There is really nothing to fix except I want to repaint inside after 20 years.

$15K for the lot parcel?
Can you do me a floavor, PM chị company đó được khỏng Pleasẹ
Nha chi 1/3 ac, tính làm lot parcel mà họ đòi tới $60K.
Chị cũng ở California, Campbell
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 08:19 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Check with your county/city to find out if they allow you to split the property and does it allow to build another house or not before you go to next step.

The standard spacing on both side is 5 ft requirement each side or more depend on the location.

Do you know any vnese guys around that have PE license in Civil Eng.? I am sure a lot of viet guys in my company has license in your area. They may know how to do and can stamp it forh a cheap price. $60k is too much for 1/3 acre

Actually, my college instructor has a company so that 's what he gave me the price so I didn't pay much attention to other estimate. Later, my coworker offered for free but I changed my mind to build another home because it's not worth to build at my location instead of buying a new one. Your location is very expensive so I guess it's ok to go with your plan. I haven't contact my instructor over 10 years. I will find out if he still owns it.

The plan is really simple since we can borrow all the survey tools at work. What I understand is: go to city/county to get your lot property with the original boundary that got all the corner #, then redo the calculation to find out all the points in the middle, then submit to city/count.

My suggestion is look for small company, may cheaper, or look for some of guys doing survey at job sites, he can do it as his part time job, don't affair to ask since they like to earn some extra bucks too I think the cost for application around $800 or lower.
workforcoffe
Số Điểm: 198
Old 05-20-2016 , 08:48 AM     workforcoffe est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Check with your county/city to find out if they allow you to split the property and does it allow to build another house or not before you go to next step.

The standard spacing on both side is 5 ft requirement each side or more depend on the location.

Do you know any vnese guys around that have PE license in Civil Eng.? I am sure a lot of viet guys in my company has license in your area. They may know how to do and can stamp it forh a cheap price. $60k is too much for 1/3 acre

Actually, my college instructor has a company so that 's what he gave me the price so I didn't pay much attention to other estimate. Later, my coworker offered for free but I changed my mind to build another home because it's not worth to build at my location instead of buying a new one. Your location is very expensive so I guess it's ok to go with your plan. I haven't contact my instructor over 10 years. I will find out if he still owns it.

The plan is really simple since we can borrow all the survey tools at work. What I understand is: go to city/county to get your lot property with the original boundary that got all the corner #, then redo the calculation to find out all the points in the middle, then submit to city/count.

My suggestion is look for small company, may cheaper, or look for some of guys doing survey at job sites, he can do it as his part time job, don't affair to ask since they like to earn some extra bucks too I think the cost for application around $800 or lower.
Thanks Alashikata,
Around my area they already had lots of split lots, but most of them are 20K square foot lots. Mine is only 15K but it is corner long lot so I think it would be easier to split it.
That is the price that my friend (she is also builder in the area) told me, she said that if she was me she will split the lot and build 2 houses.

Next to my house, there is a split lot, they just built a 3,500 sq ft house on the front one and already sold for $2M

Thanks, I will research more
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 09:16 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
If I build the house at 1500 sq ft, then may be able to sell for $250k-$270k at the cost $150-$200/ sq ft to build. Then I don't gain anything. Its the reason I cancelled the plan then turned other way to invest.

With your 1/3 acre, the floor plan would be small, 30' width or smaller to meet the spacing standard requirement? Won't look nice on the front. However; if you can sell at 1 mil, the lot parcel is reasonable

Try to look and call those land surveyor from Sacrament to see if they can give you a good deal. I think it will take 6 months to a year to finish application.

Don't listen to her. They want to make money. The lot parcel is pretty easy but they know you can turn back to make a lot of money building a new house. That's why they gave you that price. Take time to look around and shop for a good deal. Don't rush I always look for a cheap and easy way if I can do it by myself to save money.
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-20-2016 , 09:43 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Found it. He was my professor I don't think he would remember me but you can mention a Viet guy of his student in surveyor class refer you. He had taught a lot of Viet guys in the 90s that all of us are ended up working in the same company. I think some of them working the Bay area.

German Engineering Ltd
http://www.findusabusiness.com/c/b/g...ng-ltd/6432184

My dream is building a custom home by myself that my friend can help me to do a floor plan and lot parcel for free but I haven't found time to do it. If you think you can turn around to make a lot of money on your lot, then do it. Otherwise, look for different direction. Do a study report and estimate before making decision.