VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Giải Trí > Nối Vòng Tay Lớn

AnhCung
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 9979
Old 11-01-2016 , 01:19 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Too often I hear that "Why are you such a difficult person Chris?" or something along that same sentiment. And truth be told, I am. I am stubborn, self-proclaimed, semi-traditional old man. I believe in tough love, I kick before I praise, and I expect nothing but the best. As tough as I am on others, I am 10 folds tougher on myself. Something that was drilled into me by my pompous arrogant father...and I thank him every day for being that way with us. I constantly carry a chip on my shoulder because instead of weighing me down, I use it as a source of inspiration.

And perhaps because I picked that up from him, my parents entrusted the responsibilities of the eldest son onto me, although I am but the middle child with 3 elder siblings. I graduated when I was 16, and as I was about to embark on a new journey through my life; my dad sat me down and asked me to promise him that no matter what I will ensure that my 3 younger brothers will finish college. I accepted, and when the youngest of the family graduated I bought the restaurant my mom worked at for over 20 years as a gift to her and I bought my own house to now start my own life.

I felt a ton of responsibilities lifted off my shoulders. Our family was now in a much better place and all the kids could afford to let my parents retire and work less.

But the road of life is usually not that paved. Part of the reason that I had to inherit the duties of the eldest was because my two oldest siblings were getting lost in their life. One was a drug addict and the other a gambleholic. Both with lives spinning out of control and in the whirlwind were my niece and nephew. Both in their most fragile age of life entering college and finishing high school.

These two were as close as being my own kids as it could be. To them I was endeared with the name Cậu Bự. When my sister was gambling everything away along with the well being of her two kids, I went as far as filed for legal custody of them (unsuccessful) to ensure their future. Once again my dad came to me and ask that I watch over them; don't let their parent's moment of unclarity affect them and make sure they get whatever they need to get through school.

Last year my niece graduated as an RN and now working and continuing her education to become an anesthetist...and last night I received a text from her older brother, "Cậu Bự, I passed my exam and just excepted a job!"
It's been a long journey, but finally they all have a solid foundation underneath them that can/should carry them through their adult life. An RN and a Clinical Pharm in the family. Amongst the difficult broken path...they fought through it. I feel like such a proud parent right now.

As for my dad... I'm sure he currently feels the same way. My oldest brother has kicked his habit, married, and walking the right path.

My oldest sister have also waken up and working on herself. She's mending all the broken relationship she has created.
Feline
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1939
Old 11-01-2016 , 01:49 AM     Feline est dconnect  search   Quote  
Good for them and good for you.
txcaogrl
Số Điểm: 268
Old 11-01-2016 , 04:25 AM     txcaogrl est dconnect  search   Quote  
You are an ong gia but we love you for it. I honestly couldn't imagine you any other way. We know you're tough but we also rely on you to tell us like it is. Everyone knows all your workings in the background even when you're kicking us down. so thank you Cau bu! You are appreciated.
I'm proud of Tung and Trammi, they deserve their success.
Maxwell
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3970
Old 11-01-2016 , 07:45 AM     Maxwell est dconnect  search   Quote  
I found that most of the time, there will be someone is watching out for somebody. Look, you care. A lot people don't give a sh't whether they are family or not. Self-intest, my friend, a lot of them have that. You should be proud of yourself.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 11-01-2016 , 08:07 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Now I can kick back and let them take care of their Cậu Bự. He can supply me with my prescription drug addiction and she can revive me when I overdose.
It was all planned out.
Maxwell
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3970
Old 11-01-2016 , 08:08 AM     Maxwell est dconnect  search   Quote  
quite a plan, I need some hydro
CheeseDoodle
Số Điểm: 90
Old 11-01-2016 , 02:35 PM     CheeseDoodle est dconnect  search   Quote  
Congratulations! You must've worked your arse off to achieve so much so quickly. It's very impressive, really. I am not sure I would've been able to do what you did.

Pardon my ignorance, but is your nick on here Cùng, Cúng, Cụng, Cưng, or ̣(ahem) Cứng?
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 11-01-2016 , 02:44 PM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hard work comes with everything we do. It was difficult, yes. But it also strengthen me with each obstacle. We really don't know our full potential until we're battle tested. I talk to myself a lot....and one of the things I say to myself a lot to help me push on is "Can't let anyone see Superman hurt..come on Chris..."

And it's Cưng.... cheesy...I know hahahah
vietfool
Số Điểm: 873
Old 01-04-2017 , 08:36 AM     vietfool est dconnect  search   Quote  
Spending quality times with your kids growing up usually pay back in big and small ways. Regardless, some of them pays back more than others. And I'm not talking about expensive vacations, electronic gadgets, or lot of money from successful children. Sometimes only words keep our heart full of happiness, and it seems like incredibly impossible to contain it. This is one of the Christmas gifts I got from my 18-year-old son, who got a part time job at Mendochino Farms Sandwich Restaurant while going to college.

May 2017 bring all of us boundless blessings!!!
càchua
Số Điểm: 767
Old 01-06-2017 , 06:06 AM     càchua est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by vietfool
Spending quality times with your kids growing up usually pay back in big and small ways. Regardless, some of them pays back more than others. And I'm not talking about expensive vacations, electronic gadgets, or lot of money from successful children. Sometimes only words keep our heart full of happiness, and it seems like incredibly impossible to contain it. This is one of the Christmas gifts I got from my 18-year-old son, who got a part time job at Mendochino Farms Sandwich Restaurant while going to college.

May 2017 bring all of us boundless blessings!!!
Wow, reading the note your son wrote to you warm my heart! Such a sweet son! This is all I hope to get from my my boys when they are adult.