VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Giải Trí > Nối Vòng Tay Lớn

No&A!
Số Điểm: 636
Old 05-09-2017 , 10:55 AM     No&A! est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by SecretFlower

If something inside you keeps asking for night pictures then embrace that feeling and pursue your desire. It could be a beginning of many great night photos captured or at least a wonderful experience to remember forever. A German philosopher once said: "And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings."
Yup, night is peaceful it its own ways. Some of the things could only be seen (better) at night--one of such things is the milky way galaxy, or any galaxies for that matter.

In some places, night is more dangerous. I (think I) have nothing to lose so I am not afraid, but some ladies might think otherwise. Since I guess they have more things to lose than...me.

As for mirrorless, yes, the camera is lighter than the DSLR counterpart, but the mirrorless lenses are not lighter than the equivalent DSLR lenses. So you only save on the camera body's weight, not necessarily the lens' weight.

You have to take more pictures and share more of them. That is the only way to get better. No one was born to be great at anything without heaps of practice. Besides the bad ND filter you had, the other pictures look great.
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 6108
Old 05-10-2017 , 05:30 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
DD, JohnR should have a nice package for you that you don't even need to work

No&A!, have you looked at Sony a9 specs yet?
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3121
Old 05-10-2017 , 11:17 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by JohnR
Secretflower

"Just picture yourself being your co-worker…here you are being all tired and wanting to be somewhere else rather than at work "---Ahem are you self-projecting? Work must be hampering you down. Domdo'm's prescription for energy is sleep, water, vitamin B-complex, fresh air and lone time.
Yes, sometimes I wished I was not in one of those meetings, but on a deserted island or in the jungle instead.

I definitely need more sleep, fresh air and alone time.

Quote :
Originally Posted by JohnR
yesterday, at work, kicked my ass....that was rough. It's so funny, you would have loved to be my co-worker. I've known to be passing drugs around at work.
What kind of drugs are you passing around at work? Good stuff?
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 05-10-2017 , 11:33 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by No&A!
Yup, night is peaceful it its own ways. Some of the things could only be seen (better) at night--one of such things is the milky way galaxy, or any galaxies for that matter.
When you lie on the beach gazing at the stars at night, all of your deepest desires and yearnings that are blinded by daylight will be glowing in the dark as well. You see, the seduction of darkness goes beyond beautiful sights of galaxies.

Quote :
In some places, night is more dangerous. I (think I) have nothing to lose so I am not afraid, but some ladies might think otherwise. Since I guess they have more things to lose than...me.
Actually, you have a life (which is very precious to you and to people who love and care about you) to lose so please be afraid sometimes.

Quote :
As for mirrorless, yes, the camera is lighter than the DSLR counterpart, but the mirrorless lenses are not lighter than the equivalent DSLR lenses. So you only save on the camera body's weight, not necessarily the lens' weight.
I will try to get ultra-light lenses with the mirrorless camera.

Quote :
You have to take more pictures and share more of them. That is the only way to get better. No one was born to be great at anything without heaps of practice. Besides the bad ND filter you had, the other pictures look great.
Yes, you are right. I will practice some more this weekend.
No&A!
Old 05-11-2017 , 05:27 AM     No&A! est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Alashikata
DD, JohnR should have a nice package for you that you don't even need to work

No&A!, have you looked at Sony a9 specs yet?
Yeah, I have seen the specs and read (and watched) online reviews. The 20 frames per second is insane, out of this world, never seen before. But also is the price , about 5k for a camera? I will pass.

Quote :
Originally Posted by SecrefFlower
I will try to get ultra-light lenses with the mirrorless camera.
But do you plan to invest in high-end lens or regular lens? High-end ones hold the value well when you resale, the regular ones, not much of a market for it so the demand is low.
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 05-14-2017 , 01:37 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
But do you plan to invest in high-end lens or regular lens? High-end ones hold the value well when you resale, the regular ones, not much of a market for it so the demand is low.
I haven't really put much thought into it, but I will keep the resale value of high-end lenses in mind whenever I am more serious about photography and lenses. Currently, I have simple lenses that are quite limited in their functions.

From my experience yesterday I now have a better understanding of why expensive lenses (with their advanced features) are important to serious photographers and realize that it can be frustrating to not be able to snap a quick action scene because the lens doesn't focus quickly enough. I was playing with faster shutter speeds yesterday and spent many hours trying to take pictures of dolphins, but failed miserably.

So I took a picture of a sailboat instead…

…and a bird that almost escaped the frame here.

Have you ever tried to resell your lenses, yet?
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 05-14-2017 , 01:42 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
I didn't manage to get one decent shot of the dolphins, ran out of battery and ended up filming them with my phone instead. Just discovered iMovie on my Apple laptop last night and played with it a little bit…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz5YaaQESfM
No&A!
Old 05-16-2017 , 07:02 AM     No&A! est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
I haven't really put much thought into it, but I will keep the resale value of high-end lenses in mind whenever I am more serious about photography and lenses. Currently, I have simple lenses that are quite limited in their functions.

From my experience yesterday I now have a better understanding of why expensive lenses (with their advanced features) are important to serious photographers and realize that it can be frustrating to not be able to snap a quick action scene because the lens doesn't focus quickly enough. I was playing with faster shutter speeds yesterday and spent many hours trying to take pictures of dolphins, but failed miserably.

So I took a picture of a sailboat instead…

…and a bird that almost escaped the frame here.

Have you ever tried to resell your lenses, yet?
Yup, there are reasons why people pay an arm and a leg for expensive lens. Better image quality and faster auto focus are among the top reasons.

Yeah that bird was almost out of your frame because of slow AF. Do you have Optical Stabilization on your lens?

I have not tried to resell my lens but I have bought used lens that are almost brand new and at a fraction of what I would pay on Amazon or other reputable dealer.

I got a mefoto roadtrip tripod for over 40% off of retail, and it was brand new since that guy was getting out of photography and he wanted to sell this sturdy tripod.

I also got a brand spanking new canon L lens on craigslist for 35% off of retail, I checked the serial number, this was made in late 2016, which means this lens left the manufacture in Japan a few months ago.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 9980
Old 05-17-2017 , 04:25 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Lets set up a challenge and do something fun. Besides it'll give us a reason to come in and out of this forum again.

I say we do a photography challenge.

Since we all live in different parts of the world and there are limitations to things we can or can not capture, for instance with me being from Houston where we're below sea level, there's no way I can capture scenery of snow capped mountains or mountains in general.
So I propose we come up with a series of words that emotes a feeling and the artist behind the lens can interpret it to how they want and capture something to represent it.

For instance, LOVE. We can capture a new born, binding hands, a simple cup of coffee, etc...whatever we interpret love to be.

We'll have members or whatever ghosts that are left around here to vote and give points. Artist with the highest number of points combined will be declared the winner.
As for prizes, maybe we can all chip in for something photography related as the prize.

Thoughts?
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-18-2017 , 12:20 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
I thought it only 1k different between 7r2 vs A9

Why don't post your best pic, then describe how did you take that, what kind of setup like zoom, lens, etc? so others can learn
No&A!
Old 05-18-2017 , 05:14 AM     No&A! est dconnect  search   Quote  
Like AC said, the forum is dead, so we don't get many members to vote or comment. So I guess the vote and give points won't work as well as it would have been 5 years ago.

Vietmedia 20 years ago, so much fun, we even got members from Vietnam signing up, and this was the beginning of the internet boom in Asia--those were the days.

Now, seems like everyone is either married (or died ) or found some new hobbies to kill time other than VF or online. Everything must come to an end.

Some apps are popular in Asia, Wechat, and Zalo (extremely popular in VN with millions of users in Saigon) I see status updates like hourly in my Zalo. So I am spending my time there and hardly go to VF, just recently I began logging into VF to see if some old members are still here.

Alas, have you bought the Sony yet? No, it is more than 2k difference, not 1.
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Old 05-18-2017 , 06:27 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
My friend used to work for Sony but not anymore. I have to check with him again to see if his cousin still works there that I may get around 15-30% off. Ok so it's more than 2k different 7r2 is not bad.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 05-18-2017 , 06:34 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Sure, we can easily post a picture and give the meta data on how it was accomplished, but where's the fun in that?
I like competition, i like to beat someone, and most importantly I like to win!! That's what gets me excited.

Bought 3 A7S II 4 months ago and already hearing the guys want to upgrade to the A9. When are these young kids gonna learn you can't chase after the newest things......until it pays for itself!!
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 05-18-2017 , 11:41 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Yup, there are reasons why people pay an arm and a leg for expensive lens. Better image quality and faster auto focus are among the top reasons.

Yeah that bird was almost out of your frame because of slow AF. Do you have Optical Stabilization on your lens?

I have not tried to resell my lens but I have bought used lens that are almost brand new and at a fraction of what I would pay on Amazon or other reputable dealer.

I got a mefoto roadtrip tripod for over 40% off of retail, and it was brand new since that guy was getting out of photography and he wanted to sell this sturdy tripod.

I also got a brand spanking new canon L lens on craigslist for 35% off of retail, I checked the serial number, this was made in late 2016, which means this lens left the manufacture in Japan a few months ago.
According to the spec, the telephoto lens that I used to shoot those pictures has image stabilization feature.

When I photograph a landing bird (or any fast moving object), I usually don't know if I should use automatic or manual AF selection. I also have no clue whether to pick single AF points or a large number of AF points.

You got amazing deals on craigslist there! I don't remember I have ever bought anything on craigslist. If I only dare! […don't mind me. I have been listening to this song so much lately that it is embedded in my head. ]

Find the rules you knew
And break them

Find the roads you knew

Don't take them

Whatever is telling you no

Whatever is changing your mind

There is a courage you only ever find…

How does Zalo work? You download the app and start chatting with a bunch of strangers?
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 05-18-2017 , 11:48 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by AnhCung
Lets set up a challenge and do something fun. Besides it'll give us a reason to come in and out of this forum again.

I say we do a photography challenge.

Since we all live in different parts of the world and there are limitations to things we can or can not capture, for instance with me being from Houston where we're below sea level, there's no way I can capture scenery of snow capped mountains or mountains in general.
So I propose we come up with a series of words that emotes a feeling and the artist behind the lens can interpret it to how they want and capture something to represent it.

For instance, LOVE. We can capture a new born, binding hands, a simple cup of coffee, etc...whatever we interpret love to be.

We'll have members or whatever ghosts that are left around here to vote and give points. Artist with the highest number of points combined will be declared the winner.
As for prizes, maybe we can all chip in for something photography related as the prize.

Thoughts?
I have to reject your proposal because I dislike online commitments.

Quote :
Sure, we can easily post a picture and give the meta data on how it was accomplished, but where's the fun in that?
I like competition, i like to beat someone, and most importantly I like to win!! That's what gets me excited
Don't you think that when you are too obsessed with winning, you will lose sight of the journey and will fail to acknowledge and appreciate other people's unique ways of creatively expressing themselves?

How can you be excited or take pleasure in beating others? So brutal and so not fun at all!
No&A!
Old 05-19-2017 , 09:34 AM     No&A! est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :

Don't you think that when you are too obsessed with winning, you will lose sight of the journey and will fail to acknowledge and appreciate other people's unique ways of creatively expressing themselves?

How can you be excited or take pleasure in beating others? So brutal and so not fun at all!
To be fair, the world needs competition, that is how we improve (and have advanced) as a whole.

On the other side ( there is always another side), we might lose sight of other things when we are so focused on one thing--in this case, competing or the like.

I guess I am old SF, I let others compete and live on top of the feeling. Never thought I would get old, but here I am, and so will everyone.

This Russian spam is annoying.
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 05-21-2017 , 12:51 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
To be fair, the world needs competition, that is how we improve (and have advanced) as a whole.

On the other side (there is always another side), we might lose sight of other things when we are so focused on one thing--in this case, competing or the like.
I agree with you that competition promotes growth and prosperity and is good for business. However, if you are too obsessed with winning, to the point that you become aggressive and always compare yourself with others rather than focusing on your own journey, you are really robbing yourself of personal development, spiritual/emotional growth and especially peace.

Quote :
I guess I am old SF, I let others compete and live on top of the feeling. Never thought I would get old, but here I am, and so will everyone.
Are you trying to tell me that I am getting old, too?

I actually love being in my 30s. At this age I feel most attractive, confident, secure, calm, relaxed and happy. Since I am learning to embrace my aging process I am not afraid of getting older. Someone once said: "At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don't care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover they haven't been thinking of us at all." I hope that when I reach 40 or 60 I will lead a life that is more conducive to the thought of "Life is a short trip. Make it a good one!"

Hình như thường là mấy người có tâm hồn trẻ trung, lãng mạn và tràn đầy sức sống mới thích thức suốt đêm để…ngắm trăng, sao và bầu trời đêm. Đâu có già đâu nè..

SF già rồi nên mới thích thức dậy sớm để ngắm cảnh bình minh. Ngắm hoài không thấy chán...

AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 05-22-2017 , 01:44 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Wow, yall read into all of that over one word "competition"?
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 05-22-2017 , 12:27 PM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Wow, yall read into all of that over one word "competition"?
To be fair, it was not only one word "competition". There was also a mention of "I like to beat someone" and "most importantly I like to win".

It was a foretaste of golden-agers' talks. Fascinating, right?
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 06-02-2017 , 11:12 AM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
I love to observe your humility when you dance harmoniously to the music of the howling wind and I adore your calm and tender manner. You are so simple, yet so wise and charming. I cherish your flexibility and ability to adapt to any circumstance. By virtue of your strong and resilient nature you always manage to bounce back from adversity and I admire you for not breaking when you are being pushed hard because you have learned to bend with the wind of life. There is so much I can learn from you…