VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Giải Trí > Nối Vòng Tay Lớn

JohnR
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 11146
Old 06-15-2017 , 12:05 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Secretflower

I have been so busy lately, haven't been checking in. Just letting you know, I came back from Peru safe and sound. My traveling companion however had a more of an in depth experience. She got pick-pocketed at a hot spring, got something stolen from the hotel, and food poisoning on her last day. I will check in with you next August to share more pictures.

Last edited by JohnR; 06-15-2017 at 12:17 PM..
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 06-15-2017 , 12:18 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
This is Moras

SecretFlower
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3121
Old 06-19-2017 , 12:34 PM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
DomDom:

I hope you guys had a wonderful time despite all the unfortunate incidents that took place during your trip.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. You look very fit there!

See you in August!

I am still enjoying dawns and sunrises…

SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 07-08-2017 , 01:48 PM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Sunset for a change…

Scallops and Chilean Sea Bass…

JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-08-2017 , 09:15 AM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hello Ms Sunrise, Ms Sunset.
Finally!! The semester is over. Just took my final exam. It's so hot here, I can't go celebrate my success. Even the beach is hot, I am sure. What have you been up to? Speaking of being in the late 30's, my co-work told me being in the 40's is even better. I was like, "no ****." Research has found that 43 is the age of peak concentration, so I am implementing and absorbing in as much knowledge as possible. They said that an average person uses only 5-10% of their brain capacity, yet, high achievers uses up to 40%. I am not a high achiever, but the fact that I rarely get headaches, means, my brain is not working hard enough.
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-08-2017 , 09:23 AM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  

Last edited by JohnR; 08-08-2017 at 09:28 AM..
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-08-2017 , 09:34 AM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Secretflower

BTW, Switzerland just opened one of it's longest suspension bridge. It would be a fun adventure to walking from one end to the other. I am waiting for a tour that allows me to do that. Don't go without me.
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-16-2017 , 04:52 AM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Secretflower

So the grapes in Napa Valley is starting to ripe now. I was just thinking about you, since I know that's something you'd like. All night long, I am thinking of whether I should take a tour up to Napa Valley, the Red Woods, and Oregon in early October. Just have to bring school work along, and that can be a drag.

BTW, I am currently being entertained by the philosophy of Seneca on "The shortness of life." In reflecting this moment in time. I think I have maximized every opportunity available. Life is indeed short, but amazing.
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 6094
Old 08-16-2017 , 06:51 AM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
Đàn bà càng lớn thì thích nói chuyện và hang out with đàn bà hơn đàn ông, same thing at my work. Why?

Napa now is invading with chinese from china in tour bus every hour that you no longer want to use the restroom unless you have hotel near by. So far I have seen at least 2 buses at a time at every places I stopped by until 3pm
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 08-16-2017 , 12:09 PM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
DomDom:

How have you been? Have you done anything nice to reward yourself since the day you took your last exam for this semester?

I was in the San Francisco area for a few days this past week and decided to visit Napa Valley before heading to the airport.

What have I been up to? I have gotten quite a few headaches lately.

Btw, I can't see any of the photos you posted.
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 08-16-2017 , 12:13 PM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
Another foggy day in San Francisco...

JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-16-2017 , 02:57 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Alashikata
Đàn bà càng lớn thì thích nói chuyện và hang out with đàn bà hơn đàn ông, same thing at my work. Why?

Napa now is invading with chinese from china in tour bus every hour that you no longer want to use the restroom unless you have hotel near by. So far I have seen at least 2 buses at a time at every places I stopped by until 3pm
Alashikata

Oh because as they age, they realized men are boring. Hey man, traveling Chinese are rich Chinese. I have been on a Chinese bus tour before, I rather like it, since no body bothers me.
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-16-2017 , 03:24 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Secretflower
Strangely enough, I rewarded myself with a lot of high-calorie foods, all semester long. So now, my free time is mostly hitting the gym, to get ready for my next food rewards in 3 weeks. My brain crave sweets like nothing else. Last week a giant box arrived with tons of chocolate; enough to give me zits for the next 2 years.

How come I don't see any grapes? I like seeing grapes, since I eat with my eyes, need the visual of grape clusters. I'll trade my headaches with your headaches. Oh maybe not! I currently have no headaches of any kind.

P.S
Hope you're home safe and sound. You know I am a drug dealer, and a philosopher. I got all bases covered when it comes to curing headaches. PM me if you're interested in any of the treatment options. I have been trading drugs at work too. 'Been passing around sleeping pills in exchange for food. No wonder people at work, they love me!!!

Last edited by JohnR; 08-16-2017 at 04:32 PM..
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-16-2017 , 04:38 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Shutterfly does the trick. I came here for lunch. It was the most beautiful restaurant I've ever been to. It has a river in the back.

Last edited by JohnR; 08-16-2017 at 04:51 PM..
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-16-2017 , 04:42 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Here is the Sacred Valley

SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 08-21-2017 , 01:24 PM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
DomDom:

I only snapped a few pictures in Napa Valley. The grapes were still small so I didn't take any photos of them.

I heard Oregon is beautiful and as a nature lover you probably will like it there. So have you decided to take that trip this October?

A drug dealer and a philosopher…what a perfect combination to cure headaches!

Thank you for the offer. My headaches were caused by dehydration and lack of sleep (why does it sound so wrong? Such dirty mind! ) so I would like to cure them the natural way first.

Yes, life is short and precious. Whenever I see people fighting or getting upset over trivial matters I always wonder if these people think they live forever.

Did you love that restaurant because of its secluded and peaceful location?

The most memorable restaurants that I had been to were one in the mountain with lake view and another one above the ocean.

Your photos remind me of these secluded places I visited before.

Can you imagine living there for a few months with no access to the internet?

Have a great week, DomDom!
Alashikata
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 6094
Old 08-21-2017 , 11:51 PM     Alashikata est dconnect  search   Quote  
oh poor JohnR

Oregon is beautiful in the fall. If you want to see Crater lake, you must beat the snow fall season otherwise you can't see anything and can stuck in the snow blizzard which it happened to me in mid April. Check weather condition before you go. If you don't plan to visit Crater Lake, any season will do.
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-22-2017 , 12:24 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Secretflower

Ha' get your head out of the gutter, you're no spring chicken anymore. If you've ever watch that movie Dina, she was very dehydrated after her endless sessions. Travel does that to you, it makes you dehydrated and flatulent. I really enjoyed that place, for so many reasons, and the picture fail to capture the essence. There's live inca music playing and a beautiful river is in the background. Food was included in the package, but I hardly ate, pretty much ran down to the river, once I stuffed a few mouth's full. My hedonistic nature is geared towards the nose, touch and eyes than the mouth.

Last night I went on to book my trip but it was sold out. So today, I was on Airbnb searching for a cabin by the lake, up in the mountains. I already found one.
Check the photos out. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1584704...sts=1&adults=1

I enjoy the balcony and lake view. I can do my school work at night, do my hiking in the day. Just getting away from the city is nice. I have always love the mountain.
I never get tired of looking at your 2nd picture. And yes, I can live without the internet, can't you?

Last edited by JohnR; 08-22-2017 at 12:31 PM..
JohnR
Diamond Member
Old 08-22-2017 , 12:30 PM     JohnR est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Alashikata
oh poor JohnR

Oregon is beautiful in the fall. If you want to see Crater lake, you must beat the snow fall season otherwise you can't see anything and can stuck in the snow blizzard which it happened to me in mid April. Check weather condition before you go. If you don't plan to visit Crater Lake, any season will do.
I was going to book a flight to Portland and book my daily tours and visit the Japanese Garden from there. But I am feeling a bit tired right now, don't feel like flying. I had enough X-rays going through my body this year, reached the quota, so no more flying till next year. Thanks for the tip. Have you talked to Tea? She's closer to you than she's to me now. I told her I would come and visit her, but I gained a few pounds. those extra few pounds just don't want to move.
SecretFlower
Gold Member
Old 08-24-2017 , 12:43 PM     SecretFlower est dconnect  search   Quote  
DomDom:

Can I live without the internet? I believe I can. Lately, I have been trying to detach myself from my cellphone after realizing that I am unhappily married to it.

It has always been a wonderful experience for me whenever I am able to leave the hustle and bustle of city life behind to embrace rural idyll.

Just imagine yourself standing on the balcony at night overlooking the majestic mountain and lake. When you feel the soft wind gently touching your face while you gaze at the stars and moon you can't help but be seduced and lost in…philosophical thoughts.

I will be traveling in early October as well and I am really looking forward to this trip.

Do you mind sharing your thoughts "on the shortness of life"?

Have a good night!