Your cooking skill attracts a lot of women
Ikwydls
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 8230
Old 08-27-2013 , 12:11 PM     Ikwydls est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Muc-T!m
Your cooking skill attracts a lot of women
True. And his other aspects repulse a lot of women. It kind of even things out, so he is alone and single as is, now.
simplelife06
Số Điểm: 18236
Old 08-28-2013 , 12:51 AM     simplelife06 est dconnect  search   Quote  
A guy who can cook i hot! Next lifetime, if i decided to get marry again, íll marry a guy who can cook . Nothing beat a hubby who cook for you after a tiring day, or two cook together.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 9980
Old 08-28-2013 , 01:49 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Sometimes cooking doesn't need to be as tough as people think.. there's a lot of semi-homemade stuff you can make... like a rottissere chicken... with just a little chicken broth.. you get a hot bowl of Nui.. in about the same time it takes to boil the pasta.

Steak are always the easiest.. they come already thawed... a little salt and pepper.. and it's ready to get slapped on the grill.. tons of pre-made sides you can get at the supermarket.. fancy steak dinner in under 20minutes...

Fried rice is always the easiest to get rid of left overs... every vietnamese family has leftover rice in the fridge.. throw in some veggies.. proteins.. and in 10 minutes.. u got a bowl of fried rice better than any buffet can offer.

AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 12-15-2013 , 07:20 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Holiday spread...homemade lẩu thái for a chilli day...

Male_CA
Số Điểm: 38
Old 12-15-2013 , 07:25 AM     Male_CA est dconnect  search   Quote  
It seems you cook better than most women in Vietfun.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 12-15-2013 , 07:45 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
I personally think men do everything "creative" better than women. Cooking is just another creative outlet for me.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 03-19-2014 , 12:49 PM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Haven't been in the kitchen in awhile... Thought I'd try my hands at some sushi.

Some mesquite pork tenderloin with a homemade dry rub...and my favorite easiest to make best with anything oven roasted asparagus, served with brown rice..

On a healthy binge...tried my hands at some turkey meatball spaghetti with home roasted on the vine tomatoes...

Tea_Leaf
Số Điểm: 16048
Old 03-19-2014 , 04:15 PM     Tea_Leaf est dconnect  search   Quote  
All dishes look soooo delicious

AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 03-28-2014 , 02:34 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
From my mind...to your table.
Got my hands on some live sea scallops and didn't know what to do....came up with this.

Simply seasoned and seared for a perfect crust but not overcook to keep the delicateness of a scallop. To add texture since scallops are fragile in texture I decided to poach some potatoes half way then do a potatoe fritos to add a crunch. Topped off with a homemade mango salsa and a mango sauce...finished it off with some bacon bits to add a bit of saltiness to the sweetness of the scallop and the citrus of the salsa.
I think I will be making this dish more often!

vietfool
Số Điểm: 873
Old 03-28-2014 , 05:09 AM     vietfool est dconnect  search   Quote  
Good idea! We eat salmon with tomato soup today.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 04-02-2014 , 01:46 PM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Well roll me in corn-flour and call me dinner! Spiny Rock Lobster DOES taste better than regular lobster!
Full course meal without the full course effort. 20 minutes with a movie on. Hahah
Grilled lobster on the tail with a white wine butter reduction seasoning and fire cracker salmon on a bed of sweet corn nibblets! Yum yum in my tum tum.

UglyMaChanh
Số Điểm: 13056
Old 06-18-2014 , 06:03 PM     UglyMaChanh est dconnect  search   Quote  
I thought you are on a diet.... seefood diet... you see food you eat... art food is too rich for me... I can only afford rice and instant noodle...and veggie..
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 08-03-2015 , 05:08 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Haven't showed off my kitchen in forever....

I'm pretty sure there's a proper name for this... but I just call it my Mì Tào Lao... a little mixture of everything in there...

With family in the seafood wholesale business, we're always spoiled with the biggest of everything. Handpicked and left for family to eat. Look at the size of that blue crab!!

Sometimes coming home from work you're just too lazy to do too much cooking... one of the easiest thing to put on is Tép Kho... but I wouldn't exactly call these tép hahaha

And of course there's always one of my favorite ingredients to cook with... usually I like them grilled or roasted.. but thought I'd go back to my asian roots this time. First you deep fry...then you stir fry! Served over japanese egg noodles.

*DomDo'm*
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 5425
Old 08-04-2015 , 05:32 AM     *DomDo'm* est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by AnhCung
So you always hear... đẹp con mắt, no cái bụng!! I'm slowly learning that plating makes up 40% of a dish... make it look good..and people will naturally think it taste better than it is.... good plating is an art form... learning as I go.

My kind of food. Small and selective.
dancing.rain
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 4084
Old 08-04-2015 , 08:35 AM     dancing.rain est dconnect  search   Quote  
Thank God I don't live with you 'cause I'd be F.A.T!! Delicious looking for sure. My main meals for the past few months have been salad with homemade dressing and this suits me just fine, unless of course your foods get in front of me.
dancing.rain
Platinum Member
Old 08-04-2015 , 08:36 AM     dancing.rain est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by AnhCung
So you always hear... đẹp con mắt, no cái bụng!! I'm slowly learning that plating makes up 40% of a dish... make it look good..and people will naturally think it taste better than it is.... good plating is an art form... learning as I go.

My theory is if your guests are starving before you serve them your food, they WILL think you are the world's best chief.
BeMyWife
Số Điểm: 210
Old 08-04-2015 , 09:03 AM     BeMyWife est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by dancing.rain
My theory is if your guests are starving before you serve them your food, they WILL think you are the world's best chief.
lol and the worlds worst host to keep them waiting....
dancing.rain
Platinum Member
Old 08-04-2015 , 10:15 AM     dancing.rain est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by BeMyWife
lol and the worlds worst host to keep them waiting....
Ha-ha but they will love my cooking.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 08-05-2015 , 12:24 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
hahah your theory would be incorrect if they are starving because you've made them wait.
I know if I'm at a dinner and it's late.. don't care if you got Mable the cow in front of me... it's not gonna taste good because I'm already pissed.

Dom
Your preference is good only for food photoshoots or when I plan on doing a multiple course dinner for a special lady... if it's every day eating.. there better be food..and plenty of it...with my starch, my protein, and my veggie.