VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Giải Trí > Nối Vòng Tay Lớn

AnhCung
Diamond Member
Số Điểm: 9979
Old 07-08-2016 , 06:32 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
I think it's bc of that old traditional value that my dad pounded in my head thAt still makes me frown when I see a bi-racial couple. But then over the year it was more bc if u ask majority of those females, they tend to say things like viet guys just don't know how to treat a woman or white guys are better etc...and I just don't agree with that generalization.
I can only marry another viet......maybe a hue. Hahahahah
ii2404
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1176
Old 07-08-2016 , 06:51 AM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
it's the traditional men who don't know how to treat a woman. the younger generation adapt to the american ways of living. They help out around the house more and not afraid to do things that are considered as a woman's job.

i'm pro bi-racial marriage. Why would you only marry another viet? i know majority of viet guys only marry another viet. i would understand if communication is the problem, but you wouldn't have that issue. As long as they are asian, you guys would share very similar values and culture.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 07:07 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
I love the Vietnamese language, so it's a requirement for it to be a mutual language. I've dated other Asians before, at the end of the day there was still something always missing. Plus, even though my parents won't be around forever, I think it's important on my behalf to enable them to be able to communicate with someone who can potentially be my wife. They don't speak a lick of English. Lucky for you they speak viet.
ii2404
Loyal Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 07:21 AM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
you can always teach them the language. it shouldn't be a reason for you not to marry them. Same goes for religion. some people don't want to get marry because of religious differences.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 07:29 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Well it's just like any other preference, some people prefer ppl that are not short, tall, skinny, fat, hairy, hairless etc. it's something you innately are attracted to or want.

Religion...that's a completely different story. It's rooted faith and beliefs. I honestly think it's best to not have a bi-religion union just because I've seen it gone bad many times and the kids are the one trapped in the middle. I'm not exactly religious but I do see the turmoil of it. I think religion is something inherited, so if there's no strong guidance from parents of same faith...how can we expect the kids to have a strong moral foundation to battle thru life?
ii2404
Loyal Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 07:50 AM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
limiting your options with that preference. whatever floats your boat. i'm more liberal, i guess. i also like to learn different things too , so gotta broaden that horizon.

religion only become disastrous when parents are extremists. The child should be exposed to both religions as knowledge is power. The choice of religion should be up to the child when he/she can make his/her own decisions. The battle of life is taught through morals and principles of a human being with the support of family.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 01:44 PM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
So does this mean we're breaking up because we have different POV's in this?
ii2404
Loyal Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 02:02 PM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
lol, you're hilarious. aren't you catholic?
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 02:58 PM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Yes I am Catholic, although my faith in the church has been shaken past 10 years. I don't believe in man's representation of God anymore. Anything man touches, man corrupts. So I'm trying to find my personal relationship with God right now.
To which statue do u give praise?
ii2404
Loyal Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 01:42 AM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Looks like nothing is going right for us:
1.) Shoes
2.) Banh bot loc
3.) Religion

I'm buddhist, but if you had given into the first two things I listed above, I would have sacrifice my religion and convert to become a catholic. That ,my dear, is called compromising. I'll give you back your dignity and let you be the one to break it off.

Side note to --OCD-- : I tried my best but can't compete with the man up above. You can cross AnhCung off your list once he officially breaks it off.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 02:49 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Such a quitter, I don't quit.
On our first date, I will present u with a banh bot loc in the shape of a shoe. Try that for size!
Feline
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1939
Old 07-09-2016 , 07:17 AM     Feline est dconnect  search   Quote  
ii doesn't quit. She just moves on to bigger, better things that are more worthy of her time. Hehe.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 07:34 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Now ur speaking nonsense...better? That's subjective.....but bigger??? Come on....get real. Hahaha
Feline
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1939
Old 07-09-2016 , 07:45 AM     Feline est dconnect  search   Quote  
Oh I forgot. It doesn't get any bigger than AnhCung does it? I kid I kid.
AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 08:01 AM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
You be right! Truth be to the world.
ii2404
Loyal Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 12:45 PM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
bigger, huh? hmm how big are we talking about? slightly obese or morbidly obese? never mind don't answer that. We will use your heavy set body frame to our advantage. Is obesity considered as a disability? I think it is, so we will go buy a wheel chair for you
and apply for handicap parking placard. Who needs $20 valet parking when we can have VIP handicap parking? What do you think?

AnhCung
Diamond Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 01:14 PM     AnhCung est dconnect  search   Quote  
Still making plans as us and we...that means we haven't broken up yet...yes!!!!
ii2404
Loyal Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 01:22 PM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
why do you keep talking about breaking up and not broken up? did i agree to something i wasn't aware of?
--OCD--
Số Điểm: 28
Old 07-09-2016 , 02:18 PM     --OCD-- est dconnect  search   Quote  
Yeah, this is kind of stressing me out (can't decide between AC's cooking talent and Alashikata's multi-million dollar portfolio...). I guess I'm crossing A. off the list for you, too

Thank you for trying "your best," ii2404

Quote :
Originally Posted by ii2404
Looks like nothing is going right for us:
1.) Shoes
2.) Banh bot loc
3.) Religion

I'm buddhist, but if you had given into the first two things I listed above, I would have sacrifice my religion and convert to become a catholic. That ,my dear, is called compromising. I'll give you back your dignity and let you be the one to break it off.

Side note to --OCD-- : I tried my best but can't compete with the man up above. You can cross AnhCung off your list once he officially breaks it off.
ii2404
Loyal Member
Old 07-10-2016 , 12:15 AM     ii2404 est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by --OCD--
Yeah, this is kind of stressing me out (can't decide between AC's cooking talent and Alashikata's multi-million dollar portfolio...). I guess I'm crossing A. off the list for you, too

Thank you for trying "your best," ii2404
Is "my best" not good enough? Let's make a deal then. I have a few days of PTO to spare. I'll fly out to meet you, then we go together to meet AnhCung and enjoy his shoe size banh bot loc. Sounds good? Haha.
Alashikata is a ladies man. He has to much on his plate to have time for me, so we should leave him out of this.

AnhCung, I can be harsh sometimes. Let me know if I crossed the line. I dont sugar coat my words that's probably why I'm still single, lol.