VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Technology Exchange > Knowledge Depository

sleepydragon
Số Điểm: 39
Old 12-24-2004 , 02:51 PM     sleepydragon est dconnect  search   Quote  
I raised this question before but I think I did not phrase it well so I did not get correct answers yet.
Here's the problem
I have SBC DSL (home portal) with a SMC barricade broadband wired 4 port router. I select Dynamic address for my router. For my PC (one with XP Pro, and one with win2K), I select both with auto IP and DNS detect in network setup.
Everthing runs just fine. However, when I get to certain site I got the time out problem ( just hung on me). For example, I was able to get to my yahoo mail page but when I clicked on Inbox, it just hung on me, or when I sign in my Charles Schwab account, it hung on me.It happend even with this site, I was able to get to this forum, start this thread, type my message but when I click on submit new thread, it hung on me. It happened ever single time.
The only way to get to my mail inbox or to sign in my Schwab account is to disconnect my router and reconnect my PC directly to the DSL modem. It sounds like it was due to my router right? But why only with these sites.
What seems to be the problem? Have no idead! I tried to mess around with both DSL modem and router but no sucess.
Was it due to some kind of security code that imbedded with these sites or my router is too old (4 or 5 years old). My router model is SMC 7004BR
Again, the problem only happens with certain sites like the ones I mention above, or at least with these two that I've encountered so far. I was able to serve most of other sites.
Any expert knows why? If you need more info let me know.
Thanks,
sleepydragon
sac14689
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 6756
Old 12-24-2004 , 02:57 PM     sac14689 est dconnect  search   Quote  
check your firewall settings.

winxp has a software firewall setting in it. check your router's settings. if you have anti-virus - check that firewall settings.

its letting you into static pages, but when you try dynamic pages - it blocks it. the dynamic pages are trying to run/install scripts, but if you have those disable in your firewall, it will autmatically time out the pages.

sac14689
DCbrucelee
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3429
Old 12-24-2004 , 03:02 PM     DCbrucelee est dconnect  search   Quote  
It is your computer. Not the router nor sites. Delete all cookies and internet temp files. Run Spyware as well!
sleepydragon
Old 12-26-2004 , 03:41 PM     sleepydragon est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hi all,
Thanks for your advices.
Per Sac's, I checked my router and it does not have any firewall selection anywhere. My DSL modem does and it was originally selected. My anti-virus does not have firewall options. I tried all these and it did not fix the problem. I ran spyware doctor, trojanhunter and McAfee and my PC is very clean now.

Per DCbrucelee's, I deleted all the cookies and files in the internet temp folder, did not fix the problem either.

Per Warclock's, I updated to my router firmware to R1.95c before but I updated it again with your attached BR_192h2.zip. Did not fix it either.

I hate this damn problem. It drive me nuts everytime I try to read my yahoo emails or reply to post such as this one.

Any other things I can try guys.

sleepydragon
TUDCSVN
Số Điểm: 448
Old 12-26-2004 , 04:29 PM     TUDCSVN est dconnect  search   Quote  
Try to relax the security settings of your IE to troubleshoot and if it works gradually tighten up the security settings.
((+_+))
Số Điểm: 10
Old 12-26-2004 , 05:49 PM     ((+_+)) est dconnect  search   Quote  
try to set MTU down as 1500, 1430, 1250, 1150,
The normal MTU (Maximum Transmit Unit) value for most Ethernet networks is 1500 Bytes, 1492 Bytes for PPPoE connections, or 1436 for PPTP connections.
Good luck
PIX123
Số Điểm: 247
Old 12-28-2004 , 06:45 AM     PIX123 est dconnect  search   Quote  
-use static IP and static DNS
-trying to use another DNS server beside the one that was provided by yr ISP
DCbrucelee
Gold Member
Số Điểm: 3429
Old 12-28-2004 , 06:54 AM     DCbrucelee est dconnect  search   Quote  
sleepydragon,

Have you try from another computer that connected within your LAN? This should indicates whether it is the Router, modem or just that computer cause problem!

DC
Thor
Số Điểm: 998
Old 12-28-2004 , 07:17 AM     Thor est dconnect  search   Quote  
Okie correct me if I am wrong, isn't the SBC DSL (home portal) is already a router?

I am not familiar with the SMC configuration. It seems that your connection-per your current config-is a DHCP on a DHCP.

What I am about to show maybe a one way ticket for your router because it is old and unfamiliar to me.

First you will have to know how to reset your SMC router in case of a deadlock. Your router should have some reset switch or something of the like.

If your SMC doesn't have a physical reset switch I suggest you find documentation first

Second, proceed only if you have adequate information from the (First), you need to turn your SMC into a SWITCH ONLY. This means your SMC will no longer function as a router.

To do this,

Get into your portal administration and write down the following information - you will need this for later

**** Your portal gateway number: It is something like 172.xxx.xxx.x, 192.168.0.1 etc

Turn off your computer
Disconnect your smc from your portal
Disconnect your portal from the wall

Now, connect your smc to your computer on a LAN port NOT WAN

Fire up your computer.

After the boot sequence, your computer should be able reconize your computer

Get into your SMC admin pannel

Locate your LAN setup

Turn off you DHCP

Input your gateway number into the gateway address of your SMC

VERIFY EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SAVE YOUR SETTING BECAUSE AFTER THIS STEP YOUR SMC IS NO LONGER A ROUTER

Save.

After you save your setup, you won't be able to get in your router again because it is now a switch.

Shutdown your computer

shutdown your router

Run a network cable one of your smc port to your the network port on your portal. Don't run WAN. We don't need the WAN on your SMC

Here is the basic running

SMC Port 1 to your computer

SMC Port 2 to your Portal Network Port

3) Third, turn on your router first.
After your portal confirm a solid connection, turn on your SMC. Then turn on your computer.

That is it.

If it doesn't work, you can always reset the router.

Hope this help
sleepydragon
Old 12-28-2004 , 10:57 AM     sleepydragon est dconnect  search   Quote  
Damn, it finally works.
I followed Thor's instructions and the darn thing finally work. I think my DSL is a router. It allows me to network other computers. My SMC is a router for sure. The damn manual does not mention anything about its turning into a switch capability. And I did not know much about the differences between switch and router. Now I know some!!!

The thing I have not tried is to set static address for my SMC router as one of you suggested. I don't know what address to put in. Do you think it would work? Does it give me any other advantage if I do so?

Thanks a whole lot guys. I love to learn new stuff from your experts and I am willing to try anything in the process of learning.
Sleepydragon
StanleyGlurl
Banned
Số Điểm: 1041
Old 08-22-2017 , 03:08 AM     StanleyGlurl est dconnect  search   Quote  
Наиболее подробно этот процесс описан в статье, как найти последние версии драйверов. Непременно учтите, что все драйвера для usb должны предоставляться совершенно бесплатно, если для вас предлагают купить, это сходу обязано насторожить.
Перезагрузите комп и принтер после переустановки драйвера, чтобы завершить настройку программного обеспечения в Windows.
После чего раскроется окно выбора типа установки щелкаем мышкой по пт полная установка. Для начала хватит и его, но почти все после переходят на наиболее комфортные и скорые варианты.
Драйверы ODBC Microsoft Access
С уважением, создатель материала Тониевич Андрей. Публикации данного материала на других информационных ресурсах разрешаются только со ссылкой на источник и с указанием автора
Сохраняем установщик драйвера в подходящей нам папке.
После того как диск записан, загрузитесь с него.
Далее, устанавливая драйвер, в инсталляционном окне Вам будет предложено подключить принтер, после чего компьютер, определив устройство продолжит установку драйвера принтера. В общем пока выход нашел последующий,поставил виртуальную машину то же с Windows 7 x64 драйвера встали от принтера Canon MF3010 просто,настроил сеть меж виртуальной машинкой и обычным компом, расшарил принтер и вот печатаю выходит по сети.
Наши сотрудники участвовали в роли экспертов в съемках специального репортажа о мошенничестве при вызове компьютерных мастеров на дом.
Как установить драйвера для Windows 8
LCD overdrive .
издавна необходимо было избавляться от ХР
ГТА Мафия
Прикрепленные файлы
Надежный крипто-помощник
Как обнавить драйвера для видеоплаты на игру майнкрафт
И уже в ней, избираем ставя галочку напротив что нам нужно включить либо же отключить.
Сейчас закрывайте консоль и перезагружайте ПК.
Как настроить комп.Настройка компьютера постоянно принципиальна для безотказной работы системы.Для этого нужно иметь верный подход как к программе,так и аппаратному компоненту.Потому мы постараемся научить вас,настроить компьютер на наивысшую производительность,чтоб вы получали только наслаждение от работы на нем.
Раскрывается Средство записи образов дисков Windows. Из выпадающего перечня выбираете подходящий привод, ежели у вас их несколько и нажимаете Записать
Как установить драйвер
Графический интерфейс файла protect.exe.
Драйвер для Intel Management Engine Interface и Turbo Boost
Какой телефон лучше приобрести в 2015 году
В этом разделе разъясняется, как применять настройки ASIO4ALL.
Но невзирая на это люди, в особенности новенькие, приобретающие ноутбук, опосля того как начинают его осваивать, задаются вопросом о том, как включить камеру на ноутбуке . Вообще, по статистике, конкретно с камерой ноутбука возникает большинство заморочек в этом устройстве. Но, эти проблемы можно очень легко решить без помощи профессионалов в данной области или ремонта ноутбука.
Ремонт и прошивка игровых приставок FreeBoot XBOX 360 в Донецке
Как включить wi-fi, остальные аспекты
Сведения об оборудовании компа содержатся в описании технических черт модели вашего компа. Сделайте поиск на веб-сайте Службы саппорта клиентов HP по наименованию модели компьютера со словом характеристики. К примеру, если модель вашего настольного компьютера HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t, следует ввести фразу технические свойства h8-1360t.
Завершив сеанс и отключившись от беспроводной сети, перенастройте телефон таким образом, чтобы он опять смог подключаться к сети через сеть сотовой связи.
Скопируйте URL приложения в адресную строчку браузера.
подключение сразу пары компьютеров к интернет
Подключение K Line адаптера и пример использования программы VAG-COM
в связи с полным пересозданием BCD нужно заново настроить среду восстановления.

Џошаговое удаление драйверов d-link
Ќе удалось скопировать инициализировать драйвер этого
„райвер sound blaster live 5.1 sb0220
„райвер nvidia geforce 7000m длЯ windows 7
„райвер длЯ разрешениЯ экрана виндовс 7

Radeon 6850 драйвер 64 bit
„райвер на принтер canon lbp 2900 длЯ windows 8 64
„райвера на звук 5.1
„райвера на windows 7 x86 длЯ ноутбука
„райвер ati radeon hd 4650 длЯ xp

Њ1005 драйвер длЯ виндовс 7 32
Hp 15 ac005ur драйвер