VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Technology Exchange

Bo^`ng Benh
Số Điểm: 792
Old 09-11-2008 , 10:29 PM     Bo^`ng Benh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hoi dum lam Passport quoc tich VN.
La`m bao lau (di VN 1 thang), ton phi bao nhieu?
Neu co form dien xin chi dum.

cam on.
langthang8
Loyal Member
Số Điểm: 1097
Old 09-11-2008 , 10:59 PM     langthang8 est dconnect  search   Quote  
You do not need a Vietnamese Passport if you already have an US Passport.

You need a Visa to visit VN. The travel agent where you buy the ticket will do it for you when you buy the ticket or you can pay them to do it separately for you.
taisaovay
Số Điểm: 170
Old 09-12-2008 , 06:41 AM     taisaovay est dconnect  search   Quote  
Normally travel agency where u buy ticket will do for u free of charge or about $50. Have fun, bring some chocolates for the children.
gotViet?
Số Điểm: 164
Old 09-12-2008 , 07:25 AM     gotViet? est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by Bo^`ng Benh
Hoi dum lam Passport quoc tich VN.
La`m bao lau (di VN 1 thang), ton phi bao nhieu?
Neu co form dien xin chi dum.
cam on.
Quote :
Originally Posted by taisaovay
Normally travel agency where u buy ticket will do for u free of charge or about $50.
Passport is for returning back to US.
Visa is for entering Vietnam...($50, like one wrote above)
(You don't need VN passport. it's for people in VN when they travel outside VN.)

Last edited by gotViet?; 09-12-2008 at 07:28 AM..
Bo^`ng Benh
Old 09-12-2008 , 07:54 AM     Bo^`ng Benh est dconnect  search   Quote  
To langthang8, taisaovay va` Gotviet? ,

Cam on da replied my thread. BB dang hoi cho nguoi co the xanh nhung chua la cong nhan My, vi di tour ve Thailand roi moi vao VN nen Travel Agency bieu minh phai dung passport VN cho nguoi co the xanh, ho noi neu ho lam thi se charge $300.
microphat
Số Điểm: 293
Old 09-12-2008 , 08:21 AM     microphat est dconnect  search   Quote  
BB,

A re-entry permit is a must for green card holders to travel abroad and want to come back to U.S.

I hope this link will help - ***http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/re...permit.html***
fd3s
Số Điểm: 150
Old 09-12-2008 , 08:33 AM     fd3s est dconnect  search   Quote  
http://viet.vietnamembassy.us/pdf/3.1.3%20cap-lai-ho-chieu-do-%20bi-%20mat-bi-hu-het-han-con-han-duoi-30-ngay.pdf

Adobe reader needed
gotViet?
Số Điểm: 164
Old 09-12-2008 , 10:48 AM     gotViet? est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :

Cam on da replied my thread. BB dang hoi cho nguoi co the xanh nhung chua la cong nhan My, vi di tour ve Thailand roi moi vao VN nen Travel Agency bieu minh phai dung passport VN cho nguoi co the xanh, ho noi neu ho lam thi se charge $300.
Oh, trưởng hợp nầy thì nộp đơn xin "RE-ENTRY PERMIT" rẻ hơn...
cathunter
Số Điểm: 978
Old 09-12-2008 , 11:05 AM     cathunter est dconnect  search   Quote  
Travel agent nao ma ngu ngoc the. So f. stupid! You need re-entry permit
to enter USA again if you have a USA green card. The travel agent should
get a toilet cleaning job instead. It so fk. dump.

Quote :

thuongtri
Số Điểm: 625
Old 09-12-2008 , 11:31 AM     thuongtri est dconnect  search   Quote  
cathunter wrote: "Travel agent nao ma ngu ngoc the. So f. stupid! You need re-entry permit to enter USA again if you have a USA green card. " Did you read the posts and understand the situation? It is not the US where the traveler will be entering but Thailand.

To renew a VN passport, contact either the VN Embassy in Washington, DC or the Consulate in San Francisco. The Embassy: http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/ . The Consulate: http://www.vietnamconsulate-sf.org/ .

If the $300 includes all fees, then that price may be reasonable.
fd3s
Số Điểm: 150
Old 09-12-2008 , 09:29 PM     fd3s est dconnect  search   Quote  
Nope!!!!!! Cost about $60 bux call and find out
Bo^`ng Benh
Old 09-13-2008 , 10:30 PM     Bo^`ng Benh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by thuongtri
cathunter wrote: "Travel agent nao ma ngu ngoc the. So f. stupid! You need re-entry permit to enter USA again if you have a USA green card. " Did you read the posts and understand the situation? It is not the US where the traveler will be entering but Thailand.

To renew a VN passport, contact either the VN Embassy in Washington, DC or the Consulate in San Francisco. The Embassy: http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/ . The Consulate: http://www.vietnamconsulate-sf.org/ .

If the $300 includes all fees, then that price may be reasonable.
To Mr. Thuong Tri,

You're right, I called other travel agent to verify the fact; she wants almost $ 400 for renewal VN passport.

However, I prefer travel agency to handle the work rather than spend time dealing something you're not familiar with.

Btw I have come back VN twice, re-entry permit cost $20, if we purchase their service, it is included.
thuongtri
Old 09-14-2008 , 09:31 AM     thuongtri est dconnect  search   Quote  
The US government charges $305 to process the I-131 (Application for Travel Document). I doubt that the travel agency has such a high profit margin that it can charge you only $20 and subsidize the fees the government charges.

Perhaps what you mean is that the travel agency charges you $20 to fill out the form for you and you pay the government the application fee. (Incidentally, as noted on the I-131, persons travelling less than 1 year generally does not need a re-entry permit. Persons with legal problems likely should not go outside the US without first checking with an attorney that they will not have problems re-entering the US.)

fd3s wrote: "Nope!!!!!! Cost about $60 bux call and find out". While the Embassy may charge only $60, there are other direct costs (postage, photocopying, notary) and indirect costs (a computer and printer to print out the forms). While the work does not require a high level of skills, most people do not have the time to process and keep track of paperwork.
Bo^`ng Benh
Old 09-17-2008 , 11:25 PM     Bo^`ng Benh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
The US government charges $305 to process the I-131 (Application for Travel Document). I doubt that the travel agency has such a high profit margin that it can charge you only $20 and subsidize the fees the government charges.

Perhaps what you mean is that the travel agency charges you $20 to fill out the form for you and you pay the government the application fee. (Incidentally, as noted on the I-131, persons travelling less than 1 year generally does not need a re-entry permit. Persons with legal problems likely should not go outside the US without first checking with an attorney that they will not have problems re-entering the US.)
Hello,

Let’s me clear the points,

We need the USA passport to go to Canada (*), we ‘re unable to travel Canada with Green card, and the same law applies with Thailand government.

Quote:
"The US government charges $305 to process the I-131"

Most people have bear a US green card already applied the travel and work permit same time when they obtain a US green card.

Yes, we have paid only $20 to $50 US for re-entry permit, that 's all; travel agent has no high profit margin.

We no need to fill the I 131 application again.

(*) The international laws and domestics law might change all the time, I don't know documents requirements to enter Canada right at moment) .
thuongtri
Old 09-18-2008 , 09:48 AM     thuongtri est dconnect  search   Quote  
You likely are confused. Since I do not want people walking into my office with false expectations, I'll take the time to point out where your confusions may be.

"We need the USA passport to go to Canada (*), we ‘re unable to travel Canada with Green card." That is wrong. US legal permanent residents have been able to go to Canada for at least the last several decades. Various members of my family had been to Canada with their green cards.

From the website ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp ) of the Canadian consulates: "Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include: persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence;"

"Most people have bear a US green card already applied the travel and work permit same time when they obtain a US green card" This sounds like you recently filed or helped someone file an application to adjust status within the US.

Most VN who come to the US to live are coming because of I-130 petitions. When those immigrants go through inspection at the airport, they are also filing their green card applications. Most people would not realize that because the process is automatic and they are not given a stack of paper to sign.

Persons with green cards do not need to apply for work permits since one of the rights of the green cards is the right to work.

People who apply for work permits are those who are not citizens or green card holders and are in the US on some sort of temporary visa (such as K-1 visa or student visa).

Before July 2007, every applicant had to pay when filing either the Application for Employment Authorization or the Application for Travel Document. However, with the big price increases that came in July 2007, the government waived the application fees for these applications for certain applicants.

From the instructions for Form I-131: "If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for Advance Parole or for a Refugee Travel Document on Form I-131."

In your case, you may have been eligible not to pay the I-131 fee because you were adjusting status and your travel agent charged you only $20.

"We no need to fill the I 131 application again." The I-131 approval is generally valid for only two years. After the expiration, if you need to the re-entry permit, you will need to file again and pay all the fees.
lalalalala
Số Điểm: 392
Old 09-18-2008 , 09:33 PM     lalalalala est dconnect  search   Quote  
Ủa, em có green card chứ đâu có passport. Em qua Canada không biết bao nhiêu lần. Đâu cần passport.
Thái lan thì chưa đi nên không biết
Bo^`ng Benh
Old 09-20-2008 , 10:42 AM     Bo^`ng Benh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
You likely are confused. Since I do not want people walking into my office with false expectations, I'll take the time to point out where your confusions may be.

"We need the USA passport to go to Canada (*), we ‘re unable to travel Canada with Green card." That is wrong. US legal permanent residents have been able to go to Canada for at least the last several decades. Various members of my family had been to Canada with their green cards.

From the website ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp ) of the Canadian consulates: "Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include: persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence;"

"Most people have bear a US green card already applied the travel and work permit same time when they obtain a US green card" This sounds like you recently filed or helped someone file an application to adjust status within the US.

Most VN who come to the US to live are coming because of I-130 petitions. When those immigrants go through inspection at the airport, they are also filing their green card applications. Most people would not realize that because the process is automatic and they are not given a stack of paper to sign.

Persons with green cards do not need to apply for work permits since one of the rights of the green cards is the right to work.

People who apply for work permits are those who are not citizens or green card holders and are in the US on some sort of temporary visa (such as K-1 visa or student visa).

Before July 2007, every applicant had to pay when filing either the Application for Employment Authorization or the Application for Travel Document. However, with the big price increases that came in July 2007, the government waived the application fees for these applications for certain applicants.

From the instructions for Form I-131: "If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for Advance Parole or for a Refugee Travel Document on Form I-131."

In your case, you may have been eligible not to pay the I-131 fee because you were adjusting status and your travel agent charged you only $20.

"We no need to fill the I 131 application again." The I-131 approval is generally valid for only two years. After the expiration, if you need to the re-entry permit, you will need to file again and pay all the fees.
Thuong Tri,

I was assumed same based on the fact that my family members were travelling to Canada on July, 2000. I remember they were chatting to each other bringing US Passport with them or they are not allowed into Canada territory.
So I think the same with Thailand, without passport we couldn't travel to the other country, but Vietnam

Anyway, my curious is what kind of fees includes in $ 300 for renewal VN passport?

Doing legal advised for living, you know very well up today US laws, this is just a chance to make your clients understand thoroughly.

Sincere
BB
Bo^`ng Benh
Old 09-20-2008 , 10:46 AM     Bo^`ng Benh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by lalalalala
Ủa, em có green card chứ đâu có passport. Em qua Canada không biết bao nhiêu lần. Đâu cần passport.
Thái lan thì chưa đi nên không biết
lalalala,

Anh muốn hỏi về Thailand, anh dâu hỏi Canada.

Tưởng em biết nên reply giúp, vây cũng,... lalàlalà
Bo^`ng Benh
Old 09-20-2008 , 11:43 PM     Bo^`ng Benh est dconnect  search   Quote  
Xem thêm forum mấy anh Tây lấy vợ Việt, ngày Tết dưa vợ thăm quê . Ai nói chồng Mỹ không chìu vợ Việt nhưng không biết tiền vé thì fair share 50/50 không ?
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/lo...p/t101812.html

wait4ever posted by Jan 29 2008, 12:29 AM

My wife's new passport arrived today, making it exactly one month from mailing off the application to receiving it. It was not without a little hiccup along the way. On Friday, we had a message on our phone machine from some guy at the SFO Consulate, who stated that before they could finish processing her passport renewal they needed some info about her family and an ADDITIONAL $70. He was not very specific about the info needed, or why they wanted more money. He just said, send us the info and the money. We had already sent the $50 we were quoted by an earlier e-mail from the Consualte. So it was a little shocking to think that we would have to pay a total of $120 just to renew a Vietnam passport. A US passport doesn't cost that much to renew.

When you are dealing with the Vietnamese governement, and someone is asking for more money, you naturally jump to all kinds of conclusions. My wife was really steamed when I gave her the news , which suprised me as I thought she would be used to this having grown up in Vietnam. Of course the phone number the guy left on the message was a dead end message box which was not taking messages. We both stewed over this incident mostly in quiet, but occasionally it would boil up and we would vent. I think I had decided that we would just let them sit on the application until we got a decent answer. We didn't send any extra money or info.

Today the package containing the new and old passports showed up. The new one is good for ten years. There was no further correspondence from the Consulate, so I am hoping this matter is settled. My wife was jumping up and down happy when she saw her new passport. So, that was our little drama with the passport renewal thing. It's so frustrating trying to communicate with the Vietnam Consulate and Embassy. They don't post their fees on the internet, so it's hard to know if what you are being quoted is legit. Some of the prices for their services seem to differ wildly. I wish they would get their act together and provide more timely info, and maybe answer the phones once in a while. At least they processed the passport renewal fairly quickly, given that they are probably busy issuing visas for the Tet holiday.

Back to our concern.

There are more complicated in renewal VN passport that issued before May 2006 .

for more info, follow the link
http://viet.vietnamembassy.us/pdf/3....n-ho-chieu.pdf
redhatbert
Số Điểm: 1
Old 10-10-2008 , 03:51 AM     redhatbert est dconnect  search   Quote  
I don't know why you guys are so fussy about this. It said here in black and white: US$50 for new passport and US$20 for passport extension. Just send the money. If they don't do it, call their bosses.
http://www.mofa.gov.vn/vi/ct_lanhsu/nr050907154320/