VietFun For All   Quick Language Chooser:

Go Back   VietFun For All > Technology Exchange

fujisenpai
Số Điểm: 7
Old 07-07-2010 , 09:56 PM     fujisenpai est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hi, I need help setting up my karaoke system...i'm pretty much a noob when it come to audio stuff..just brought everything new. i got the following

Pioner Elite SC 25 Receiver
Vocopro DA-X10 PRo Mixer
Klipsch RF 52 Speakers System...
Arirang 3600S Player

Music Sound good but Vocal Sound doesn't sound too good..i don't know how to set up my vocopro and plus is it bcuz of my receiever settings that i don't know how to set up also...soo much setting on the receiver..i don't know which one that i'm messing up on..any help please...

Picture back of my receiver

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...SC-25_REAR.jpg

Last edited by fujisenpai; 07-08-2010 at 09:19 PM..
ChuBeTiXiu
Số Điểm: 456
Old 07-07-2010 , 10:11 PM     ChuBeTiXiu est dconnect  search   Quote  
why don't you share your current setup and maybe someone would be able to pitch their thoughts.

pictures would be helpful.
BenCat
Số Điểm: 440
Old 07-08-2010 , 05:22 AM     BenCat est dconnect  search   Quote  
I don't think the vocopro and arrirang use coaxial, so the basic I think use audio left and audio right to hook them ụp.
Microphone-->vocopro
Arirang --> vocopro
Vocopro -->Pioneer Receiver
extra: DVD player/Bluray -->Pioneer Receiver use coaxial (this setup, you can play DVD with only DVD player and Receiver on)
extra: DVD player/Bluray -->vocopro use audio L/R (this setup, you can play DVD Karaoke that you bought from Asia or Using a Long..etc by change the audio on your DVD player remote so that you can only hear music...)

Adjust the vocopro system is the hard part, but start adjust one at a time, then compination of 2 at a time such as the "Repeat", "Echo", etc. I noticed that you have Treble and Bass at min, I usually put them at near max or at least half depend on your receiver.

use your remote and manual to adjust the receiver. there are so much to adjust in there. read the manual.

The cable to speakers must be equal in length, there is a set up in receiver for speakers distance too and at least 16Gauge speaker cable (double check the gauge, i think 16 is good).

in my opinion, Pioneer is very hard to set up, my bro in law has one, but very hard to set up and I can't get it right to the level that I wanted to hear compared with my Yamaha.... OR maybe Pioneer sucks.

I got almost the same system as yours, but my receiver is a Yamaha.

Last edited by BenCat; 07-08-2010 at 05:27 AM..
Gotya
Platinum Member
Số Điểm: 4558
Old 07-08-2010 , 12:02 PM     Gotya est dconnect  search   Quote  
What ever your setup is right ... make sure that you don't set surroundsound on the receiver . The problem is setting your vocal effects. Set echo 40%, Repeat 25%-35% and Delay 15%-25%.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy vocopro for vocal. I'd rather buy the Mackie stereo mixer ($350) and a vocal processor ($250). It works like a pro and sounds perfect.
fujisenpai
Old 07-08-2010 , 04:06 PM     fujisenpai est dconnect  search   Quote  
I will try those setting tonight. Like I say I'm a noon when it come to audio stuff, I use the stadard audio cable to plug the arirang into the vocopro. Vocopro into the receiever using the standard audio and video cable into the reciever.. Then receiever gas soo many option dint know where to start. Wen I was tryin to use it last nite my back surround speakers wasn't playing any sound. The audio was only coming from front and center speaker only. Do I need better audio cable? Or the standard should be fine or it could be the microphone?? But I will try to play around w the settig more tonight. Hopefully I can get to work
fujisenpai
Old 07-08-2010 , 04:12 PM     fujisenpai est dconnect  search   Quote  
Thank you for those that have posted.
fujisenpai
Old 07-08-2010 , 09:21 PM     fujisenpai est dconnect  search   Quote  
ya i try fixing the setting tonight..still have noo luck... i'm not quite sure what the problem now...thinkin it either i need a better microphone or it just my receiver setttings...guess i shouldn't be an advance receiver if i didn't know how to full use it... anyone has an elite sc 25 receiver and has set up an karaoke system? can u recommend me some settings please for it...
fujisenpai
Old 07-08-2010 , 11:10 PM     fujisenpai est dconnect  search   Quote  
There is a picture of the receiver in the first post. The last link
fujisenpai
Old 07-09-2010 , 08:05 AM     fujisenpai est dconnect  search   Quote  
Someone suggested that I should loop my system for better quality. Ight now the singing sound very flat. DVD into mixer. Mixer into receiver, receiver into DVD. Is that an good idea to do??
ChuBeTiXiu
Old 07-09-2010 , 02:48 PM     ChuBeTiXiu est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by fujisenpai
Music Sound good but Vocal Sound doesn't sound too good..

nice system mate, though i'm not so much a fan of vocopro mixer, the output delivery is horrible. just my opinion, it doesn't translate into bad "vocal sound' in your setup. in general, i wouldn't consider a vocopro in my system thats all.

i can 100% guarantee you it has to do with your Klipsch speakers. you dont' have to take my word on this, drive out to a local asian professional karaoke store this weekend and try it out. bring your Arirang, Microphone, and vocopro if you like. ask them to hookup your system with their display speakers. Almost all speaker systems you can get at local electronic stores are designed for music and movies playback ONLY. microphone play a crucial roll in delivery the sound you want in this setup as well beside the mixer and a set of speakers. $70-120 mic will do in most cases; there is industry standard vocal mic and there is specifically made mic for karaoke which can be upgrade later. let not focus on mic or mixer, concentrate on good set of speakers. the mic shipped with arirang will do, if there is one or which ever you have on hand right now.

As far as settings goes, tune everything off or down to 0.

Arirang - tune all volumes off except for music.
Pioneer - tune all effects off or choose 'normal'
VocoPro - tune everything to default position or manufacture settings or to low.

Suppose your setup is;
Arirang > Vocopro > Pioneer > Speakers (do not plug in the sub).
and, Mic Input > VocoPro

a) start up the systems (less the Arirang, do not play any music)
b) mic-volume knob to medium
c) do vocal test while adjusting the;
-Mic Treble (Hi)
-Mic Mid (may not be present on this model)
-Mic Bass (Low)

Your focus is on VocoPro.

what i typically do is, adjust the Mic-Mid first. Once i find the sweet spot that i like, then kick in a little bit of Mic-Treble up. and increase a little bit of Mic-Bass. you can go back and forth between Treble & Bass at small increment at t time. Once you feel the clarity of the Vocal has somehow sink, back off the Mic-Bass a little bit. Or simply increase the Mic-Mid. with a background in music or know how to read music sheet is a plus because you can differential between these frequencies which make this tuning fun. Dont forget to play around with the Repeat/Echo.

This first step is really really really important, which is adjusting your system Mic-Level to your liking and preferred range while other devices settings are off. Now that you've mastered the Mic-Level, you may want to mix in the Vocal-Enhancer and other filters available with this model.

On your Pioneer menu, scroll through all your equalizing effect modes such as; Rock, Vocal, Classic, Techo, Movie ect... if you don't like any of those for Karaokeing purpose, leave it off/normal.

i'm sure the system you have isn't the problem, what you need is a dedicated pair of speakers for karaoke. You want to grap the 3-ways one, better sound than 2-ways.
fujisenpai
Old 07-09-2010 , 03:49 PM     fujisenpai est dconnect  search   Quote  
Hmmm thank you for your post. I will definitely try that tonight and the type of speaker I got is this. The entire speaker system... Link below

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rf-52-home-theater-system-overview/

watching movie or just listening to music sound great. Just when it come to vocal part. It blows. Soo flat and u gotta sing w alot of effort to sound barely decent...
supra_trd
Số Điểm: 57
Old 07-11-2010 , 12:31 PM     supra_trd est dconnect  search   Quote  
Sell your Vocopro DA-X10 PRo Mixer and get a Mackie DFX for home user or Mackie CFX if you a pro.
ChuBeTiXiu
Old 07-11-2010 , 12:58 PM     ChuBeTiXiu est dconnect  search   Quote  
Quote :
Originally Posted by supra_trd
Sell your Vocopro DA-X10 PRo Mixer and get a Mackie DFX for home user or Mackie CFX if you a pro.
did you mean return it?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.
yamaheart
Số Điểm: 683
Old 07-14-2010 , 11:38 AM     yamaheart est dconnect  search   Quote  
Sorry to say this but VOCOPRO is POS. Just get a Mixing board from Yamaha, Behringer or Mackie for less than $150 and does the job 1000 times better. Vocopro is rip-off for people afraid of using pro equipments....